How do you, do yours

Ellida
Posted 20/02/2015 - 09:28 Link
Just to get the ball rolling...

Comment Image
Graham
johnriley
Posted 20/02/2015 - 09:29 Link
I think we probably should start a new thread for the next one posted, but let's stick with this here for this one. I've had a go just now and come up with this:
Comment Image

Cropping, general darkening, some local brightness adjustment. Nothing too drastic, but I tried to add a little more drama to a potentially very dramatic scene.
Best regards, John
derek897
Posted 20/02/2015 - 17:34 Link
Brilliant, will post an edit as soon as i get a chance.
I know what i like, If not always why.
derek897
Posted 20/02/2015 - 18:13 Link
Here is my effort
Levels adjusted, contrast and brightness, Arial removed and colour popped

Comment Image
derek897
Posted 21/02/2015 - 23:16 Link
Anyone got an image to offer up ??
johnriley
Posted 21/02/2015 - 23:48 Link
Before we move on, I guess it would be nice to hear what michaelblue thought of the variations on his shot. It would help us all to see different points of view and get a little feedback.

Can we post the next image as a new thread please, otherwise this one will get a bit unwieldy.
Best regards, John
derek897
Posted 22/02/2015 - 00:13 Link
Good point John. It would be interesting to know what the poster thinks of the variations.
richandfleur
Posted 22/02/2015 - 04:59 Link
Added some brightness

Comment Image
michaelblue
Posted 22/02/2015 - 06:01 Link
Hi all,

This is great!
Thanks for your efforts,

No, 1: Very clever and imaginative Graham, I'd prefer her to be facing the other way (to the right) to be really picky but a great improvement on mine
No. 2: I like this John, you've really given the impression of heat and choking smoke (which it was, my eyes were watering!)
No. 3: I did think about the aerial but not B+W. Colour popping can be a bit cliche sometimes but here it works well....nice one Derek
No. 4: Well....what can I say....BRILLIANT!, Love it! I want a copy! This really made me laugh. It's perfect, thanks Rich! Perhaps I should send you some more

One point to note: Luckily nobody was hurt in the fire, the building was empty at the time

On to the next ............
Regards,
Michael
Edited by michaelblue: 22/02/2015 - 06:04
johnriley
Posted 22/02/2015 - 09:18 Link
OK, new thread for that please and I'll move theses on to Your Photos as well, which might get more views and responses.
Best regards, John
scarr1
Posted 23/02/2015 - 01:10 Link
What a great thread.
i have just started out in post processing, so to see different results from the same image is great.
i would find it very helpful if you included the software you used, ie lightroom, photoshop etc, just to get an idea of what each one can achieve.
Maybe this type of thing could be done as a weekly or monthly competition. Upload an image, members submit their take on it, the original poster picks a winner, and the winner uploads one....sort of a rolling PP competition. Bit like the 5 in a row, but with a bit more member interraction.

simon.
derek897
Posted 23/02/2015 - 07:21 Link
scarr1 wrote:

Maybe this type of thing could be done as a weekly or monthly competition. Upload an image, members submit their take on it, the original poster picks a winner, and the winner uploads one....sort of a rolling PP competition. Bit like the 5 in a row, but with a bit more member interraction.

simon.

Great idea Simon, maybe the mods can set it up or run a poll to see if there's enough interest in it.
johnriley
Posted 23/02/2015 - 08:29 - Helpful Comment Link
That's not a problem, I'll have a look at how we might do that best.
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.