Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Hooe Lake

Posted 29/09/2021 - 16:33 Link
Took this on a grey day in the Boat graveyard, hopefully my amateur PP hasn't made it worse.

Comment Image
LennyBloke
Posted 29/09/2021 - 16:51 Link
Composition is that little bit different from most, like the warm grey muted look too - nowt wrong with this one
LennyBloke
Posted 29/09/2021 - 17:08 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
Composition is that little bit different from most, like the warm grey muted look too - nowt wrong with this one

Glad you liked it, the soft pastel colours are what the scene looked like, I couldn't find a good' classic angle as I was getting into very wet mud already.
Posted 29/09/2021 - 17:13 Link
Comment Image

Now this one will get criticised as the sky replacement is an attempt by a learner but it's fine viewed on a mobile
Posted 29/09/2021 - 17:16 Link
Ditto

Comment Image
davidwozhere
Posted 30/09/2021 - 00:58 Link
Wonderful place to take photos. Was it really necessary to replace the skies? e.g. the last one would look better (maybe) as a near sihouette against a nondescript grey/white nothing. (I'm guessing at what you are trying to replace).
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
RobL
Posted 30/09/2021 - 08:16 Link
I am with the above, interesting shots but the problem with sky replacement is the light on the remainder of the photo doesn’t match what would happen under a clear blue sky. I think the original would actually look better by conveying a more sombre atmosphere and if that doesn’t really work for you then try them in black and white.
Posted 30/09/2021 - 09:32 Link
I like all of these.

When I looked at the last one with deep blue sky, davidwozhere's comment about silhouette made me wonder what this would look like in B&W, silhouetting the remains of the vessel against a white background. Might work, might not. Worth thinking about?
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.