Historical Fair
Posted 19/09/2009 - 22:00
Link
Steam machinery:
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/coginthemachineupload.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/headlampupload.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/number35upload.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/carouselupload.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/coginthemachineupload.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/headlampupload.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/number35upload.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/carouselupload.jpg[/IMG]
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 19/09/2009 - 22:01
Link
People:
Not sure what to make of this one, I'd like to crop the bland sky out, but then I'd loose the poppy.
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/overhereupload.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/thefortiesupload.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/Soldierupload.jpg[/IMG]
Not sure what to make of this one, I'd like to crop the bland sky out, but then I'd loose the poppy.
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/overhereupload.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/thefortiesupload.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/Soldierupload.jpg[/IMG]
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 19/09/2009 - 22:23
Link
Fantastic colours, Ted, and I really like the second series (People). With the first one - I'm not one of these P&P magicians, but I believe it should be possible to replace the burned out skies with some 'cheatty' replacement from another photo, some clouds, maybe? Just play around with layers / masks / etc... Martin could advise much better than me on that
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Posted 19/09/2009 - 22:28
Link
misiek_knm wrote:
With the first one - I'm not one of these P&P magicians, but I believe it should be possible to replace the burned out skies with some 'cheatty' replacement from another photo, some clouds, maybe?
I tried that once..the result was..erm.amusingWith the first one - I'm not one of these P&P magicians, but I believe it should be possible to replace the burned out skies with some 'cheatty' replacement from another photo, some clouds, maybe?
I think John is our resident expert on that. I remember being shocked by the idea of mixing two photos, only to be told it is commonplace.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 19/09/2009 - 23:38
Link
It's a commonplace error.
I, too like the second series. Some great shots, and there's nothing wrong with the first.
G
I, too like the second series. Some great shots, and there's nothing wrong with the first.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 20/09/2009 - 07:45
Link
I second G's comment. And leave the poppy shot as it is. Fiddling with the sky is doable but not advisable. it would make the picture unrealistic imo.
Posted 20/09/2009 - 09:04
Link
Thanks folks.
I went along to photograph the steam engines, but too many people and lack of proper layout meant I couldn't get any full shots. So I had to make do with the more abstract close ups. The people were an unexpected surprise, but I do prefer these pictures. Glad you guys seem to agree.
I went along to photograph the steam engines, but too many people and lack of proper layout meant I couldn't get any full shots. So I had to make do with the more abstract close ups. The people were an unexpected surprise, but I do prefer these pictures. Glad you guys seem to agree.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 20/09/2009 - 10:27
Link
Nice series Father, my favourite is that last....great expression
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 20/09/2009 - 11:23
Link
Father Ted wrote:
The people were an unexpected surprise, but I do prefer these pictures. Glad you guys seem to agree.
Massive generalisation alert! There are two sorts of pictures, people pictures and non-people pictures. And I'd rather look at a GOOD people picture than a good non-people picture.The people were an unexpected surprise, but I do prefer these pictures. Glad you guys seem to agree.
It's the difference between HCB and AA. Both great, but if the pictures of both were banned I'd miss the former's much more.
G
PS: HCB did some great landscapes, I know.
PPS: It's harder to take a GOOD people picture.
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 20/09/2009 - 12:57
Link
OK George..just looking for the positive
Funnily enough, I'd be with you on HCB, yet I hate taking people pics...I feel really uncomfortable with it. Maybe because I'm not a "people person", ( bit of a misanthrope if I'm being honest ).
Funnily enough, I'd be with you on HCB, yet I hate taking people pics...I feel really uncomfortable with it. Maybe because I'm not a "people person", ( bit of a misanthrope if I'm being honest ).
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 20/09/2009 - 13:05
Link
Father Ted wrote:
Funnily enough, I'd be with you on HCB, yet I hate taking people pics...I feel really uncomfortable with it..
I know exactly what you mean. HCB's technique could almost be described as underhand.Funnily enough, I'd be with you on HCB, yet I hate taking people pics...I feel really uncomfortable with it..
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 20/09/2009 - 19:41
Link
Nice set of shots Father Ted. I was there myself, I go to a lot of these shows and none of them think of photographers when they lay them out.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2562 posts
18 years
Wirral
I spent an hour there and here are some of my pics. I was going to seperate them into two threads, but I decided to lump them together.
C&C as always please.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.