Hi From Katy Texas USA


Kfrog

Link Posted 01/11/2009 - 19:47
Hello fellow Pentaxians from the Lone Star State! I've been a K10D user since January 2008 and just love it. So glad I got it

davem

Link Posted 01/11/2009 - 19:53
welcome Kfrog.
Excuse my ignorance but what is the Lone Star State? Do you have a lot of night time light pollution?

Dave
Last Edited by davem on 01/11/2009 - 19:53

Kfrog

Link Posted 01/11/2009 - 20:06
davem wrote:
welcome Kfrog.
Excuse my ignorance but what is the Lone Star State? Do you have a lot of night time light pollution?

Dave

Sorry for my arrogant assumption. The "Lone Star State" is Texas. Texas is the only state in the US that was once a republic. If you look at the Texas flag you will see it has a red strip, a white strip and blue field with a "lone star" in the middle.

Greytop

Link Posted 01/11/2009 - 20:18
Hi and welcome to the forum
Regards Huw

flickr

fatspider

Link Posted 01/11/2009 - 21:30
Quote:
Excuse my ignorance but what is the Lone Star State? Do you have a lot of night time light pollution?

Welcome to the forum Douglas, but I think you missed the joke, Dave was hinting you can only see a lone star because of pollution, you really need to get your head around English humour to get along on this forum

Of course I could be completly wrong and Dave has no idea where Texas is either
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Kfrog

Link Posted 01/11/2009 - 21:38
Thanks Greytop. How are you liking that K7?

Kfrog

Link Posted 01/11/2009 - 21:43
Oh for goodness sakes impotentspider. Like there is no pollution in the UK? I mean we have our share of visible air here in Houston but we're working on cleaning it up!

fatspider

Link Posted 02/11/2009 - 00:15
Kfrog wrote:
Oh for goodness sakes impotentspider. Like there is no pollution in the UK? I mean we have our share of visible air here in Houston but we're working on cleaning it up!

Ooops
Sorry, I thougt because you'd followed Daves post with an explanation of where the Lon Star State was that you'd missed the pun.

And yes I am saddened to say the UK is full of pollution, everywhere you go you see people with Canon and Nikon cameras
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

goggalee

Link Posted 02/11/2009 - 00:38
Hi Kfrog, welcome to the forum!
Pentax K10D, *istDS
Pentax 18-55mm,50-200mm,Macro 100mm
Takumar-A 28-80mm, Sigma 170-500mm, Soligor Teleconverter x2

Finally!! Sigma 10-20mm

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

http:/www.pentaxphotogallery.com/maliskaoosthuizen

Greytop

Link Posted 02/11/2009 - 00:49
Kfrog wrote:
Thanks Greytop. How are you liking that K7?

Very much thanks. Too much to list but the short of it is that it's by far my favourite camera (so far). Very very pleased with it and I'm glad I bought it when I did too (at product launch). Not a single problem with it either
Are you considering a K-7?
Regards Huw

flickr

darlene

Link Posted 02/11/2009 - 02:36
Hi and welcome to the forum

polchraine

Link Posted 02/11/2009 - 09:41
Kfrog wrote:
davem wrote:
welcome Kfrog.
Excuse my ignorance but what is the Lone Star State? Do you have a lot of night time light pollution?

Dave

Sorry for my arrogant assumption. The "Lone Star State" is Texas. Texas is the only state in the US that was once a republic. If you look at the Texas flag you will see it has a red strip, a white strip and blue field with a "lone star" in the middle.

What about the California Republic - declared and became independent from Mexico in 1846 but later annexed itself to the USA.
.
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...

davem

Link Posted 02/11/2009 - 20:08
perhaps I will just say hello in future

Dave

Technoblurb

Link Posted 02/11/2009 - 21:17
Hello Kfrog and welcome

JudithAnn

Link Posted 03/11/2009 - 03:43
Hi Doug and welcome.

Quote:
Welcome to the forum Douglas, but I think you missed the joke, Dave was hinting you can only see a lone star because of pollution, you really need to get your head around English humour to get along on this forum


Ha! ain't that the truth....I remember reading one day..."Crackin good shot Judith" as a comment under a picture I had posted in the Gallery...I repeated that for days to others and we (Canadian) sure did chuckle.
https://www.jastandringphotos.com
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.