HELP Pentax Battery Charger Lost!!!!

QuestionableCarrot

Link Posted 26/05/2013 - 19:30
Hi

I have lost the charger for my K-5 battery while on holiday and want to know where I can find another replacement.

I dont want to buy the same one as its a bit expensive.

Any ideas or links to cheaper alternatives.

Thanks

QC
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/

Patty

Link Posted 26/05/2013 - 21:14
I got one of these from Amazon. Works a treat on 240v. Indicator to show how much charge in battery as it charges. 12v carcharger and travel different countries..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro%C2%AE-Pentax-D-LI90-DL-I90-D-Li90/dp/B0062LKD62/r...

I think there is an ExPro one cheaper without indicator.

Pat

fritzthedog

Link Posted 26/05/2013 - 21:27
Same one on ebay 5 cheaper
link

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

Patty

Link Posted 26/05/2013 - 21:55
That looks the same as the 8.95 one on Amazon. Whole 2p cheaper!!!

I also got 2 K5 batteries off Amazon for under 5

They perform as well as the Original with over 1000 pictures to a charge.
Don't know if they were good value or not until I use them for 10 years, but so far at 1 year old they still seem as good.

Pat
Last Edited by Patty on 26/05/2013 - 22:00

fritzthedog

Link Posted 26/05/2013 - 22:47
Patty wrote:
That looks the same as the 8.95 one on Amazon. Whole 2p cheaper!!!

Pat

Perhaps you should check the price on the link you provided - Price on your link 13.97 - price on ebay 8.97 - a difference of 5 - as I stated or should that be a "whole 5 cheaper!!"?

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

Gamka

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 01:17
Actually, the 13.97 on Amazon in NOT the same as the 8.97 ebay charger. The 8.95 Amazon on is the same as ebay.

Two different sets from the same manufacturer.

cabstar

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 03:04
What concerns me with these chargers is the lack of fused protection.

I bought this charger

Ad then added this plug

If like me you always leave your chargers in I would prefer the benefit of a fused plug / adaptor.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

dpm

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 07:39
I doubt the 3A plug fuse will blow before the charger's internal PCB-mounted one...

Mannesty

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 08:31
cabstar wrote:
If like me you always leave your chargers in . . .

That's both a waste of energy which is costing you money, and a fire hazard which could cost you very much more, even your life and the lives of others.

Always unplug or switch off electrical appliances when not in use.

A simple solution is to connect all of your chargers to a switched extension lead.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream
Last Edited by Mannesty on 27/05/2013 - 08:31

Patty

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 08:42
Thanks Gamka. I did say that Amazon had two different ones.

There must be other makes out there, I can only say about what I actually have used.

Pat

Gamka

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 10:14
Mannesty wrote:

Always unplug or switch off electrical appliances when not in use.

Do you switch off everything when not in use? I doubt it. Cooker, washing machine, microwave, TV, radio, burglar alarm, ...

Mannesty wrote:

A simple solution is to connect all of your chargers to a switched extension lead.

So, all connected to an extension lead - what do you do when you only need one of twelve? Unplug every other one?

jeallen01

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 10:16
cabstar wrote:

I bought this charger

Ad then added this plug

If like me you always leave your chargers in I would prefer the benefit of a fused plug / adaptor.

The adaptors are a bit cheaper from CPC-Farnell (good company to deal with!):
http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/rw6013l/adaptor-3a-plug-to-fig-8-c7/dp/PL11185?N... - Free P&P at the moment
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

jeallen01

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 10:26
dpm wrote:
I doubt the 3A plug fuse will blow before the charger's internal PCB-mounted one...

There may not even BE an internal fuse - sometimes the transformer windings or a thin PCB track acts as the "fuse"!

Also, the following supplier offers 4x types of plug adaptors: UK (without fuse!), and the Continental, USA & Australian versions (NONE of which have fuses in any versions from anybody anyway)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battery-Charger-Pentax-D-LI90-DLI90-K-7-K7-K-5-K5-645-...

If you ask, for a small extra charge, they will supply extra types of plugs - so I bought both K-5 and K-R battery chargers and two sets of the UK, US and Continental plugs - total of less than 23 in total inc P&P.
(but now I use the 13A adaptors from CPC!)
It seems you also get a car-charger adaptor - but I did not get that.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 27/05/2013 - 10:27

QuestionableCarrot

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 13:13
Thanks guys
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/

cabstar

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 13:54
jeallen01 wrote:
cabstar wrote:

I bought this charger

Ad then added this plug

The adaptors are a bit cheaper from CPC-Farnell (good company to deal with!):
http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/rw6013l/adaptor-3a-plug-to-fig-8-c7/dp/PL11185?N... - Free P&P at the moment

Thats a good price, ordered a few, I like these leadless figure 8 adaptors.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.