pentax user site

Patty

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 10:58
Hi there, I keep getting a problem while I am on this site looking at forum posts. I open PU up as the page showing "new posts since last login".
Fair enough this is what I get.

Now the problem is that sometimes I go to a series of posts, maybe the whole thread, but when I then go back to the "new posts" page it goes to new posts but at the new time. This means that I then miss much of what is going on.

Eg first log-on 12.00. go to a thread for say 20 minutes, then back to new posts and it sows the new log-on time as 12.20, And then all the previous posts have gone excepting any sent between 12.00 and 12.20

Can anybody suggest a setting that could be altered so that PU does not think I logged out. Cookies are on, must be as I don't need to actually log in with name and password.

Pat

Gwyn

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 12:03
Sorry I can't help you since I don't get a "new posts since last login" option.
I just go to Recent Activity, and work my way through things that appeal, from there. I don't even need to log in to do that, and quite often don't.

At the very bottom of the page you will see Report Problem. I suggest you click that and send off your problem to the tech guys.

johnriley

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 14:23
If you log out or move from the site Patty, then the new posts marked are only the ones since your last visit. The other option is to leave PU logged on and just minimise the window until you're ready to pick it up again. Even this might eventually time out, I'm not sure about that.

It's just the way it's designed.
Best regards, John

Patty

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 18:04
John, I am not logging out from the site. All I do is go from one part of the site, new post page, to another part, the posted message page, then back to new post page. PU then thinks I logged out or went from the site entirely. I don't have to log-on again although it could be happening automatically. I don't usually close PU while the puter is being used.
At the moment I have opened this post by right clicking and opening in a new tab, from the "new post page" , Using IE10 and Win 8.
This way I am leaving the original new post page open all the time which seems to be a work around but is more hassle with all the clicking about.
Maybe things will sort themselves out without touching anything at all!

Thanks Pat

johnriley

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 18:26
I don't usually do things that way, instead I just follow the green markers and look at anything unread, so not really able to throw any light on that.

If it persists as a problem, best thing is to make a report marked for IT.
Best regards, John

Patty

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 18:29
Thanks John, I'll see how it goes. I just deleted all Cookies and Tamp Internet files . maybe that will help as it fills up again.

Pat

Patty

Link Posted 28/05/2013 - 19:21
Update on PU site problem.

To John Riley, Well after deleting all cookies and Temp internet files it seems all is well for now.
Site is accepting that I haven't actually logged out, even when just shutting laptop lid so machine is going to sleep mode.
The new post page is actually since last logged in DATE, and not just since last log in TIME.

Thanks for at least answering to my problem.

Pat

johnriley

Link Posted 28/05/2013 - 19:45
Sounds hopeful Patty!
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.