Help identifying K1000
Posted 29/02/2008 - 15:50
Link
As far as I recall SE versions of cameras such as the ME Super and K1000 have a different focusing screen.
The K1000SE will have a split image screen and a diamond-embossed rubber outer casing. Not many were produced apparently.
There were also a very few K1000 Gold cameras. These are extremely rare.
The K1000SE will have a split image screen and a diamond-embossed rubber outer casing. Not many were produced apparently.
There were also a very few K1000 Gold cameras. These are extremely rare.
Best regards, John
Posted 29/02/2008 - 16:32
Link
Quote:
As far as I recall SE versions of cameras such as the ME Super and K1000 have a different focusing screen.
The K1000SE will have a split image screen and a diamond-embossed rubber outer casing. Not many were produced apparently.
There were also a very few K1000 Gold cameras. These are extremely rare.
Hi,As far as I recall SE versions of cameras such as the ME Super and K1000 have a different focusing screen.
The K1000SE will have a split image screen and a diamond-embossed rubber outer casing. Not many were produced apparently.
There were also a very few K1000 Gold cameras. These are extremely rare.
Thank for your reply, I'm aware that the SE versions are all with split image focusing screen which is good IMO. I actually have 1 SE body which was made in China but I found to many plastic parts that eventually will not hold up as long as my Hong Kong K1000 does.
As I found this one, initially I did want another Chinese version but as I found out this was actually a Deluxe Edition, I have a slight hope that the build quality would be at least of the Hong Kong version level.
Posted 12/04/2008 - 20:49
Link
The K1000 is one of the longest running production cameras in history (maybe even the longest, I don't know off the top of my head and can't be bothered to google right now).
As you are obviously aware, production moved to cheaper methods and components as time moved on, presumably to allow effective competition with the likes of the Ricoh KR-5, Centon K-100 and other similar rip offs.
If it's a late K1000, even a deluxe edition, I would expect it to be less well made than the earlier tanks we all know and love. On the other hand it will of course have fewer miles on the clock so perhaps it's six to one and a half dozen to the other.
As you are obviously aware, production moved to cheaper methods and components as time moved on, presumably to allow effective competition with the likes of the Ricoh KR-5, Centon K-100 and other similar rip offs.
If it's a late K1000, even a deluxe edition, I would expect it to be less well made than the earlier tanks we all know and love. On the other hand it will of course have fewer miles on the clock so perhaps it's six to one and a half dozen to the other.
you don't have to be mad to post here
but it does help
but it does help
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


35 posts
19 years
One of a vendor claim to have the following Pentax K1000 fully boxed in stock.
As far as I am concerned, it doesn't show ASHAHI on the top which means this version is a China made one and in the end will not be as durable as the Hong Kong and Japan versions.
However it was the special deluxe edition and I wonder if this delux version comes with any improvement in build quality or it was just badged as special edition. Does any of you here have experienced this deluxe version before?
I did try to ask the vendor but he doesn't have access to the item which is stocked in a warehouse.
Thanks