HELP!! Sudden noise problem with Kx

Wolfson
Posted 06/01/2010 - 12:20 Link
I really don't know what's going on, but my new Kx suddenly shows massive noise in virtually all pictures I am taking, even at ISO200. Here's an example, it can be seen best on the brick structure of the church tower:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2735/4250213003_dfd9a1f19e_o.jpg

What can I do???
Anvh
Posted 06/01/2010 - 12:36 Link
I think noise=snow in that photo because it's in a specific area and noise is all over the sensor, you don't see noise in the dark part of the tower point for example.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Wolfson
Posted 06/01/2010 - 12:58 Link
But... but... maybe they are the dreaded cold pixels??
Wolfson
Posted 06/01/2010 - 13:00 Link
Or, even worse, White Noise??
Anvh
Posted 06/01/2010 - 13:11 Link
Wolfson, take a photo indoors and if you see it there then start to worry.

You remind me of this now link
Nothing evil intended but just calm down and test the camera a bit more.
Let us show a photo from indoors.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Edited by Anvh: 06/01/2010 - 13:16
Mike-P
Posted 06/01/2010 - 13:44 Link
Like shooting fish in a barrel
Edited by Mike-P: 06/01/2010 - 13:44
MarkD
Posted 06/01/2010 - 14:21 Link
No you're right , it's broken!
I'll give you £20 for it for spare parts...........
.........all the gear, no idea!
Me super, MX, LX, K5,DA 18-55WR, DA 17-70, DA 55-300, DA40 Ltd, FA50 1.4, Samsung D-Xenon 12-24,Samsung 100mm macro M50 1.7(x3), M28 3.5, M35 2.8, M100macro f4, M135 3.5(+others)
MattMatic
Posted 06/01/2010 - 15:08 Link
Tell me you're joking....

I seem to have the same problem on my K20D - here
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
Edited by MattMatic: 06/01/2010 - 15:09
mikew
Posted 06/01/2010 - 15:35 Link
Here have you and Aiki been walking down the same avenue? Is there something you're telling us?

link
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Greytop
Posted 06/01/2010 - 15:39 Link
I suggest you turn off your MP3
Regards Huw

flickr
iceblinker
Posted 06/01/2010 - 15:41 Link
I think I recognise that building. Is it near Archway?

Worringly, it appears to be falling over. Perhaps it's all the noise!
~Pete
Edited by iceblinker: 06/01/2010 - 15:42
grahamwalton
Posted 06/01/2010 - 15:41 Link
You are probably having a joke with us and the massive noise is in fact blowing snow.

If however, it is not blowing snow, then I would suggest that your photo may be well underexposed. This underexposure could be causing the noise. Back in the days of film photography, we used to give 1 1/2 to 2 stops extra exposure for snow scenes, to compensate for the mass of white. Maybe we need to do similar with our digital cameras.
Friendly Regards
Graham
Wolfson
Posted 06/01/2010 - 15:52 Link
Hm, I think the camera has repaired itself miraculously . Sorry if my joking wasn't obvious... I should have added some winks

But seriously... since I only have a lowly K-x, it falls upon all you K20D and K7 owners with your posh weather seals to go out and shoot in the snowstorms. It's your holy duty as Pentaxians! Out with you, and don't come back with at least a hundred shots!

Greytop, that's a brilliant idea! If nothing else it should at least reduce the camera shake

Pete, it is indeed near Archway, just a little up the hill next too Waterlow park. Not sure why it is falling over... it could be the noise... or the fact that I started the day with too much alcohol. (Just so there is no misunderstanding: that would be my aftershave )
amilner
Posted 06/01/2010 - 16:59 Link
You are not meant to drink aftershave...
Tony Milner
Super A, ME Super, MZ6, K5II, Ricoh GR & lenses from 8-500mm
www.amilner.org
www.flickr.com/photos/tonymilner
Posted 06/01/2010 - 17:22 Link
Absolutely, just inhale it.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo