hello just got my kr
Posted 09/01/2011 - 16:36
Link
Thanks for the welcome guys.

This is one of my eforts so far,critism is 100% welcome and appreciated. Its taken with the da 55-300mm on full zoom. Had a play around in ps to try and sharpen the image up a bit but still doesn't seem sharp or that clear to me. The camera doesn't seem to take very sharp pictures, will have to have a proper look around the settings I guess.
Edit: cant get a bigger picture to show, sorry.

This is one of my eforts so far,critism is 100% welcome and appreciated. Its taken with the da 55-300mm on full zoom. Had a play around in ps to try and sharpen the image up a bit but still doesn't seem sharp or that clear to me. The camera doesn't seem to take very sharp pictures, will have to have a proper look around the settings I guess.
Edit: cant get a bigger picture to show, sorry.
Pentax K-R, smc da 55-300mm, dal 18-55mm, Tamron macro di 90mm.
Posted 09/01/2011 - 16:49
Link
Well if this was taken at 300mm f5.6 then you are shooting wide open.
Personally I would stop the lens down a bit and bump the ISO up .. the K-r can take it easily.
Also looks to me as if you have caught the collar with the focus rather than his eyes
Good looking dog though.
Have posted the pic for you as I couldn't see it.

Toby by amdutczak, on Flickr
Personally I would stop the lens down a bit and bump the ISO up .. the K-r can take it easily.
Also looks to me as if you have caught the collar with the focus rather than his eyes
Good looking dog though.
Have posted the pic for you as I couldn't see it.

Toby by amdutczak, on Flickr
Posted 09/01/2011 - 16:54
Link
Ahh! Yep I did focus on the collar. Thanks Mike-p.
Pentax K-R, smc da 55-300mm, dal 18-55mm, Tamron macro di 90mm.
Posted 09/01/2011 - 17:32
Link
Hi Andy, and welcome. With Mike - practice stepping down and enjoy experimenting with your new kit.
Posted 10/01/2011 - 04:55
Link
G'day and welcome - the better pictures will come with your familiarity with the camera and its capabilities.
Thereafter, some post-processing will soon show you the difference in IQ between an SLR and a compact.
Thereafter, some post-processing will soon show you the difference in IQ between an SLR and a compact.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


5 posts
15 years
Nottingham