Hello from a Canadian in N. Yorkshire

LiMPiNg

Link Posted 07/05/2009 - 01:03
Sorry for not being overly active, but it is kind of hard with my Canon DSLR getting all the attention at the moment. I am heading home in two weeks and so will be bringing back the aforementioned Pentax kit back to the UK with me in a little over a month's time. I plan on getting some film as soon as I am home in Canada to play with it, and I am taking a trip to Germany on my way back to the UK, where I think it will get some use as well.

All that being said, I don't think I will be keeping the f/1.2 lens and will be offering it up for sale probably. After discussions with my dad, he is ok with that as long as I am putting it towards other photographic endeavors, which I will be - an UWA lens for my DSLR. I think the f/1.4 lens will be enough for my film adventures, especially considering that I find the DOF with my current 1.8 to be extremely shallow. I will obviously have to re-evaluate once I have used the kit, but that is my initial plan at the moment.

I look forward to being a member of this welcoming forum very soon. I always appreciate the advice and opportunities that such places provide - they truly are invaluable.

CrazyCanuck

Link Posted 07/05/2009 - 05:05
Hello LiMPiNg:

I can only guess why you're using that handle, I'll let think about mine. So, first things first, welcome to the forum. Your initial foray seems to generated alot of interests, a more cynical person might make the analogy of 'vultures' circling for any pickings you might leave behind...

Seriously, it sounds like you got some really nice pieces and I don't doubt your return to film will be interesting as well as a learning experience.

BTW, where in Canada do you herald from? I'm out west.

Best wishes.

Ed
It's not the years, it's the mileage....Indiana Jones
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.