Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Hebridean Marmite

ronniemac
Posted 12/05/2019 - 21:29 Link
These capture the essence of Harris and NW Scotland beautifully. They form a very strong connection with these environments, and are the sort of images that would look good in an exhibition or gallery - or even hanging in my study wall!
Edited by ronniemac: 12/05/2019 - 21:31
DSP121
Posted 13/05/2019 - 07:59 Link
Lovely set of pictures. The 6th one is my favorite. Thank you so much for sharing these stunning pictures.
Posted 14/05/2019 - 09:07 Link
Thanks all for thoughts and comments re these...

Gwyn, wishing you a great trip when you get over...

Steve, very sorry to hear re your wife and cancelled trip... hope you get to head back there soon... as you say, what a place... I've said before that I tend to think that one of the strengths of ICM is that it can be less physically acccurate, but sometimes more emotionally accurate... not always, but often....

David T and Barrie: yes, would love to come to Durham... very sorry to have had to postpone earlier in the year... shld find out over the next few weeks what the Xmas period has in store on the work front, so will give you a shout after I've got some shape to the back end of the year/start of next... fingers crossed we can fix something up... will be in touch...

Serge: thanks for detailed thoughts/comments... know what you mean re the moonscape of #2... and hadn't heard the "so beautiful it looks fake" quote before... great stuff...

Ronnie: thank you for your observation re essence... there is a definite light and mood for this part of the world that is quite specific as you say...

Have a final set of abstracts that I'll post over the next few weeks or so...

Thanks and best

Bill
Dodge69
Posted 14/05/2019 - 11:41 Link
Wow, that's what I'd be hoping to emulate with ICM, great stuff. I'd hang up the last three for sure.

SP.
Pentax pour des images riches en détails!
JAK
Posted 14/05/2019 - 18:08 Link
DSP121 wrote:
Lovely set of pictures. The 6th one is my favorite. Thank you so much for sharing these stunning pictures.

Date Timestamp Camera with Geotagging

Why this obsession with plugging your 'Date Timestamp Camera with Geotagging'' app here?
What use does it have for Pentax users?
John K
Edited by JAK: 14/05/2019 - 18:11
derek897
Posted 14/05/2019 - 18:48 Link
Another cracking set Bill, 8, 6 and 5 in that order for me, you gave it down to a fine art now at this stage and have given everyone a benchmark to aim for 👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 15/05/2019 - 15:12 Link
Thanks all for the thoughts/comments... and Sean, gt to see you back round these parts... hope the photography treats you well...

Best

Bill
DSP121
Posted 16/05/2019 - 07:49 Link
JAK wrote:
DSP121 wrote:

Date Timestamp Camera with Geotagging

Why this obsession with plugging your 'Date Timestamp Camera with Geotagging'' app here?
What use does it have for Pentax users?

I have seen that all the Pentax users who are posting pictures over here, write the date when they have clicked that pic and the location, where they have captured it. I think many users have faced two common problems while writing these details. First is, remembering the exact date the pic was captured and other is, which location was it.

So, this Geotagging app plays an important role here. It will help all Pentax users to add their exact location along with date & time, while capturing some stunning scenery, simply by turning their device's GPS ON.
pschlute
Posted 16/05/2019 - 11:40 Link
DSP121 wrote:

I have seen that all the Pentax users who are posting pictures over here, write the date when they have clicked that pic and the location, where they have captured it.

Not sure I follow you here. I do neither.
LennyBloke
Posted 18/05/2019 - 10:42 Link
Superb Set Bill - that beautiful, calming colour palette is one of the great strengths behind these - I've tried hard to choose my favourites but failed - each has its own set of qualities that gives it its own appeal
LennyBloke

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.