Brinkburn Priory.

Posted 14/05/2019 - 19:36 Link
Brinkburn Priory is an English Heritage property set in a loop of the River Coquet in Northumberland. The Abbey church has been restored by the Victorians but after the Dissolution stone from parts of the other buildings were made into a manor house which was a family home until the 1950s. The house has plenty of evidence of its ecclesiastical origins but has remnants of its later glory as a home still visible. These pictures were taken in the house... the Priory pictures will come later.

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image
Sry
Posted 14/05/2019 - 20:19 Link
Very nice set, I like 5 & 7 in particular - the door in the stone wall opening onto the light in the corridor in #5 is fab,
razashaikh
Posted 15/05/2019 - 05:43 Link
Nice set of images. #Last one is superb. The morning weather shown is amazing. Loved that one.
pschlute
Posted 16/05/2019 - 11:32 Link
I like the interior shots, lots of nice texture, and history.
MrB
Posted 16/05/2019 - 17:30 Link
A good series; I like the processing of the interior shots, and I particularly enjoy those with a view through a window.

Philip
AlJones2402
Posted 16/05/2019 - 20:16 Link
Sry wrote:
Very nice set, I like 5 & 7 in particular - the door in the stone wall opening onto the light in the corridor in #5 is fab,
X2 and the last one also is great.
Quote:
Posted 16/05/2019 - 22:09 Link
Thanks for your comments, it is a fascinating place. This is my first forum entry, I will put up some of the Priory pictures soon.

Graham.
Edited by Graham_A_E: 16/05/2019 - 22:10
LennyBloke
Posted 18/05/2019 - 10:45 Link
I enjoy places with stark or derelict interiors, they give such a different perspective on the life of a building. You've done a nice job with your captures, the contrast and textures come through well
LennyBloke

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo