Hand luggage camera bag

MrCynical
Posted 19/02/2011 - 20:18 Link
With all the travelling done by folks on here I imagine this issue has come up for a few of you. Can anyone suggest a combined 'camera gear/stuff-which-isn't-camera-gear' bag which fits within airport hand luggage restrictions? It'd need to hold my K20D with a Sigma 10-20, DA35 Limited, and another lens (either a DA18-135, or the 50 and 100 Macros*). Essentially what I'm looking for is a bag which has camera inserts, but also has an undivided chasm for the other stuff I'm likely to want with me.

Also, I'm going to a city so I want a shoulder bag rather than a backpack.

Cheers
Edited by MrCynical: 19/02/2011 - 20:20
Gwyn
Posted 19/02/2011 - 20:53 Link
My Tamrac Expedition 5 backpack is just carry-on legal and goes as carry-on always. If they decide to weigh it may give a problem where weight restrictions apply, but it's never been weighed.
It also holds my netbook, though it's not designed for that.

Think Tank do a range of carry-on legal bags, but so do most manufacturers nowadays.
beginner
Posted 19/02/2011 - 21:12 Link
Gwyn wrote:
My Tamrac Expedition 5 backpack is just carry-on legal and goes as carry-on always. If they decide to weigh it may give a problem where weight restrictions apply, but it's never been weighed.
It also holds my netbook, though it's not designed for that.

Think Tank do a range of carry-on legal bags, but so do most manufacturers nowadays.
A good choice!
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
smc
Posted 19/02/2011 - 22:15 Link
The Lowepro Classified series is nice. Lots of space and looks and works like a Gladstone bag. I use the 250aw.
cabstar
Posted 20/02/2011 - 00:52 Link
Another vote for the Lowepro Classified, I have a 200 AW & it travels well on the plane, I get all my gear in my sig & a laptop in it along with a few travel bit & pieces...
link
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
MrCynical
Posted 20/02/2011 - 16:12 Link
Those do look quite good, and also don't scream "camera bag". I'm acquainted with the quality of Lowepro's bags (have one of their Stealth Reporters as my "carry everything" bag) so no concerns in that regard either.
Cayman
Posted 20/02/2011 - 16:45 Link
Billingham 335. Never had any problems at airports with it. And can get loads of non-camera stuff in the various pockets and non-padded parts.
bretbysteve
Posted 22/02/2011 - 13:52 Link
I fly often to Spain and take a Think Tank bag, which is great.
sandy
Posted 23/02/2011 - 06:54 Link
I have a Think Tank bag and its good and does not really look like a camera bag

Sandy

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo