great issue with this
Posted 23/08/2014 - 16:22
Link
yeah...is completely the same...
I sent to him a message...probably he can help me.
If any other have experience with it, would be very usefull and kind.
I sent to him a message...probably he can help me.
If any other have experience with it, would be very usefull and kind.
Posted 23/08/2014 - 16:38
Link
I see...I was sure that is not working with SDM...I could not see the contact..
I'm wondering about mechanical problems too....as I know that some Sigma Teleconv have protruding elements that can damage the lens.
I really DO NOT understand SIGMA that release teleconv. that cannot match with their own lens too!!
I'm wondering about mechanical problems too....as I know that some Sigma Teleconv have protruding elements that can damage the lens.
I really DO NOT understand SIGMA that release teleconv. that cannot match with their own lens too!!
Posted 23/08/2014 - 16:48
Link
From the look of it I would say this is quite an old teleconverter as it doesn't have the protruding front element and is probably pre-HSM. You shouldn't have any mechanical problems with it.
Even Sigma's newest teleconverter doesn't work with HSM lenses although this only applies to Pentax mount, the Canon/Nikon/Sony variants work fine on all their compatible lenses.
Even Sigma's newest teleconverter doesn't work with HSM lenses although this only applies to Pentax mount, the Canon/Nikon/Sony variants work fine on all their compatible lenses.
Posted 23/08/2014 - 16:52
Link
Mike-P wrote:
From the look of it I would say this is quite an old teleconverter as it doesn't have the protruding front element and is probably pre-HSM. You shouldn't have any mechanical problems with it.
Even Sigma's newest teleconverter doesn't work with HSM lenses although this only applies to Pentax mount, the Canon/Nikon/Sony variants work fine on all their compatible lenses.
i didn't know!From the look of it I would say this is quite an old teleconverter as it doesn't have the protruding front element and is probably pre-HSM. You shouldn't have any mechanical problems with it.
Even Sigma's newest teleconverter doesn't work with HSM lenses although this only applies to Pentax mount, the Canon/Nikon/Sony variants work fine on all their compatible lenses.
As usual...Pentax discrimination...hihihhiih
Posted 23/08/2014 - 18:05
Link
gippi wrote:
As usual...Pentax discrimination...hihihhiih
I don't think it's discrimination so much as lack of technical knowledge.As usual...Pentax discrimination...hihihhiih
Sigma don't pay a licence fee to any of the camera makers and reverse engineer the lens mounts. Pentax mount is apparently a lot more complicated than the others (especially SDM)
Posted 23/08/2014 - 18:15
Link
I've replied to your PM about this Teleconverter, which used to belong to me. There are no mechanical issues with it, but Mike-P is correct when he says it will not work with SDM or HSM lenses. The glass is good and it takes sharp photos. I sold it when I bought my Pentax 1.4 TC, which is in another league altogether.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 23/08/2014 - 19:09
Link
The TC in the thread shown, is the one David is talking about above.
It has no HSM/SDM contacts. It works perfectly with all my screw drive glass, no problems at all. It works as you would want on my Tamron 70-200.
Hope this helps.
It has no HSM/SDM contacts. It works perfectly with all my screw drive glass, no problems at all. It works as you would want on my Tamron 70-200.
Hope this helps.
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Posted 23/08/2014 - 20:26
Link
now...the situation is clear, thanks for your explanation and report.
helps a lot.
thanks to all and have nice pics too
regards
helps a lot.
thanks to all and have nice pics too
regards
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


19 posts
13 years
i just bought an AF teleconv branded Sigma....it's very rare and I cannot find nowhere info about it, no review...no info at all...also in Sigma website.
here the photo...is identical!
https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/sigma-af-1-4x-tele-converter-for-pentax-r...
Anybody own it?is it compatible with all lens (I own some pentax and some Tamron)?
I'm really worried about mechanical compatibility
thank you to all will help me
Regards