Got a new camera!!

jacqui2

Link Posted 11/11/2011 - 15:13
Well after having bought several secondhand cameras, a couple had to go back as they were faulty, and then being pleased with my *ist ds that I bought, only to find out last night that the 6mp is not enough for the stock sites I am with (which I quite enjoy doing) I got really fed up with having not enough money (dont we all) to get a decent camera. Then this morning I noticed a camera shop doing finance and they had the kr for 10 a month, so after checking with the boss , I went for it, just put the order in now I know it's not the most sensible way to buy, but Im fed up with drooling over cameras and everything going on the mortgage so when my husband said go for it, I did!! as I say not very sensible but, for once, I thought, why not should be here early next week. Anyone want to buy a pentax *ist ds?
jacqui

snappychappy

Link Posted 11/11/2011 - 15:46
It may not be the way to buy things, but you have what you want now. I have bought many things this way and find it invaluable. Enjoy the new kit, and before you know it it will be paid for.
My piccies.

jacqui2

Link Posted 11/11/2011 - 15:49
Yes your right, thanks
jacqui

johnriley

Link Posted 11/11/2011 - 16:11
Most of us might well use this route at some time in our photographic lives, so don't feel too bad about it. If you sell some pictures it will more than pay for the camera and you could have worse vices!
Best regards, John

Hardgravity

Link Posted 11/11/2011 - 18:03
I tend to use a similar route when it comes to cars. If it suits your options there's nothing wrong in taking it.

Look forward to a few shots from your new toy.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Algernon

Link Posted 11/11/2011 - 18:12
I remember when advertisers in AP offered to accept several
post dated cheques as a way to buy cameras.... with no extra
charge for interest

Takes the waiting out of wanting!

I'm sure you will be very happy with the K-r
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Transit

Link Posted 11/11/2011 - 18:52
Very sensible decision ! The K-r is a brilliant camera !!
Have fun
Pete
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len

Close to the Edge
Down by the River
Last Edited by Transit on 11/11/2011 - 18:53

AndrewA

Link Posted 11/11/2011 - 20:41
Transit wrote:
Very sensible decision ! The K-r is a brilliant camera !!
Have fun
Pete

I agree, super camera!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

jacqui2

Link Posted 12/11/2011 - 09:38
Thanks everyone, to be honest I had spent quite a bit of time drooling over the k7 in the past but kind of overlooked the kr a bit, it was only when I saw this one available on finance that I actually started to research it a bit, probably because I thought I had no chance of affording it. From what I've read/seen it looks pretty good, and Im sure any wobbles about buying it on monthly terms will be somewhat cured when I get it in my hands
jacqui

Transit

Link Posted 13/11/2011 - 00:52
I would choose a K-r over a K-7 though I suspect others will disagree

Pete
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len

Close to the Edge
Down by the River

jacqui2

Link Posted 13/11/2011 - 01:01
Thanks everyone, actually popped into local camera shop today and had a play with the kr as, buying it online, haven't had a chance to handle it, (only a few weeks back when I picked it up in store for a few minutes) have to say, I was very impressed, my husband eventually had to nag me to put it back so we could leave, was very impressed with it, felt great getting pretty excited about getting mine now.
jacqui
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.