Going West

ems82

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 22:11
Hello
AT the end of the month I am going to the west country for a few days. Was wondering if anyone got any ideas for some good shots? I am going to Blists hill for 1 day but thinking of going to snowdonia or somewhere after that. But open to ideas?
Thankyou
Emma
"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." Aaron Siskind
Bodies K20D, LTL 3, K1000d
Lenses Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, Tamron 70-300 macro

mikew

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 22:20
I hate to bring this up but Snowdonia isn't actually in the West Country.
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.

ems82

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 22:21
Its West from here
Emma
"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." Aaron Siskind

techno-terminator

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 22:28
yebbut - it's in a different country !!
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

ems82

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 22:30
Wales is not in a different country
Emma

techno-terminator

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 22:32
tell that to the Welsh

Wales is part of the UK as is Scotland , but both are countries in their own right.
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

fatspider

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 22:47
I was always under the impression that Wales was a Principality of England and not a country in its own right, hence the reason the Welsh Flag is not included in the Union Flag???

Anyway, I say give them and the Scots their total independance. Then English people wouldn't have to subsidise their free prescriptions
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

ems82

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 22:49
Here, here
Emma

ems82

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 22:50
This is turning into a historic and geograpghic thread. Only wanted to find some places to shoot
Emma

fatspider

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 23:04
Quote:
Only wanted to find some places to shoot

Sorry

Shrewsbury would be worth a visit, long time since I've been though.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

ems82

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 23:07

Emma

Lloydy

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 23:16
If you're going to Blists Hill then you will be in Ironbridge, Shropshire. Which is where I live, and unfortunately it isn't part of Wales no matter how hard I try to claim it for the homeland! :

If that's your destination then you're in for a treat. It's a world class museum in a World Heritage Site, and the whole area is a photographers dream - or nightmare? There is just so much to see and do here.

http://www.ironbridge.org.uk/
http://www.virtual-shropshire.co.uk/index.shtml
http://www.ironbridgeguide.info/
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/371
http://www.fat-frog.co.uk/?p=Home

The last one is my local pub, run by a great French chef so the food is first class.
Last Edited by Lloydy on 08/03/2010 - 23:20

ems82

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 23:17
Excellent thankyou Lloydy
Emma

johnriley

Link Posted 08/03/2010 - 23:59
When you get to Snowdonia, perhaps make a point of visiting Portmeirion, the place where "The Prisoner" and countless other TV and film productions were filmed.

definitely a full day of photo possibilities, with new visual treats at every turn.
Best regards, John

grahamwalton

Link Posted 09/03/2010 - 00:11
Visit Snailbeach Leadmine remains and the rock formations called the Stiperstones. The Swallow Falls, The Pistel Ryader Falls, Snowdon Mountain Railway, The Festiniog railway.
As John says, Portmerion is a top photographic location, with italianate buildings and facades, gardens, woodland walks and beaches. Be seeing you.
Friendly Regards
Graham
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.