Global Digital

K30git

Link Posted 10/07/2014 - 17:19
http://www.eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk/about-our-company.html

Anyone any experience of dealing with these people please?

spinno

Link Posted 10/07/2014 - 18:17
have you read this bit...
Quote:

VAT & Import Charges

All items are shipped from our Hong Kong central warehouse, and therefore import VAT and/ or import charges may apply to your order. When ordering goods from eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk, import duties and tax are applicable on deliveries, which are levied once the package of purchased goods reached specified destination. The import duties an taxes levied on the invoiced order, as well as courier custom handling fee and any indirectly related tax and duties arise from custom policies are responsibility of the buyer/ recipient, eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk has no control over these import duties or taxes. Any additional charges for custom clearance must be borne by you.

VAT is charges for applicable items over 15GBP, and Custom Duty is charged for items over 135GBP (except where the total duty charges would be less than 9GBP), and that some parcel handlers may charge their own administration fee on top of this. Further information can be found here.

I haven't had any dealings myself with them but thought I'd draw your attention to the above...just in case you hadn't spotted it.
David

steven9761

Link Posted 10/07/2014 - 20:13
Note that CAMERA BODIES are duty-exempt, although the importer will be liable for VAT and an import brokerage fee (check with the courier company). If arriving in the UK via Royal Mail (as handling agents for overseas postal services), check how much RM will levy as their fee beforehand.

K10D

Link Posted 11/07/2014 - 01:23
Dealt with them once with no issues. Goods delivered to Oz and were below AU$1000, so no tax to pay.

Best regards

SteveLedger

Link Posted 11/07/2014 - 04:21
I've bought three items from them without any trouble. Quick delivery too.
Never needed to pay import tax.
Last Edited by SteveLedger on 11/07/2014 - 04:24
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.