Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

PU+ and JPSS discount

mlody125
Posted 11/07/2014 - 12:30 Link
Hello.

I was thinking to repair my da 17-70. And when spoked with lady from JPSS about pentaxuser discount she said that the discount is only for equipment which was bought by myself in shop with receipt, JPSS not provide discount for second hand toys. So my question is why this is not mentioned in here https://www.pentaxuser.com/discounts
I was after to pay for Pentax User Plus to get discount for repairs/maintain my equipment but all what I have are second hand

How PU+ members work out to get discount for used/second hand equipment?

Thanks,

Pawel
johnriley
Posted 11/07/2014 - 12:36 Link
It sounds like a misunderstanding about warranty rather than regular servicing.

If you download the special form from the menus above, I think it's under the Shop tab, and send it with the equipment you should get the discount.

That's how it worked when I had my K10D repaired.
Best regards, John
mlody125
Posted 11/07/2014 - 12:59 Link
Thanks John for reply.

When I spoke with lady from service I was told her that I don't have warranty for lens and i bought this second hand, because of this, only one number what she can give me before inspection is £150 (small amount of dust under front glass) and discount doesn't work in here as i'm not genuine owner

I was looking for this form under the shop tab but can't see this. Probably i can download this when pay for PU+ that's correct? If I will send lens, do I need to have shop receipt for any reason?
Mike-P
Posted 11/07/2014 - 12:59 Link
It shouldn't make any difference whether it's new or used if you are paying for the repair. They happily took my money to fix a 50-135mm a while back and gave the discount without asking where it came from.

As John says, probably a mix up between warranty and paid for repair.
Mike-P
Posted 11/07/2014 - 13:02 - Helpful Comment Link
If it's something basic there are a lot cheaper options than JPSS (especially something as minor as dust)

Alan Marlow is excellent (google his name), I have used him on many occasions and he is much cheaper.
mlody125
Posted 11/07/2014 - 13:14 Link
Thanks Mike for reply.

I was spoke with Alan few months ago about the same lens but SDM was a problem. I need to call him again about dust, but good to hear good opinion about him

Again guys thanks for help!!

Best Regards,

Pawel
Mike-P
Posted 11/07/2014 - 14:22 Link
Ah yes, anything with SDM is best dealt with by JPSS but otherwise I can thoroughly recommend him. He may be able to just remove the front element if it's dust though.

Personally I think he should do my next repair for free considering the amount of business I have sent him over the years.
Edited by Mike-P: 11/07/2014 - 14:23
mlody125
Posted 11/07/2014 - 14:34 Link
I've replace SDM by myself but I don't want to touch the glass. Mike, after your reply I will definitely be in touch with Alan.

P.s
Mike you should ask him for stamp card, like on car wash "every fifth repair free"
SteveF
Posted 11/07/2014 - 19:54 Link
Definitely a mistake/misunderstanding as John Riley says. My secondhand 50-135 was repaired at a discount without question.
stub
Posted 11/07/2014 - 22:06 Link
Alan Marlow had two goes at fixing my DAL55-300 and didn't resolve the issue I had paid for. So I took it to JPSS as I work in there locality. Yes they are more expensive. But they replaced the mount while I waited. Obviously a fairly straight forward repair and its been perfect ever since. Not having a go at Alan as such. As he has looked after me very well on other occasions. The point I want to make is that JPSS As far as Pentax repairs are concerned are not that big a concern as you might at first imagine. So I would recommend you speak to them again as it looks like wires are crossed somewhere. Usually they will supply a complete estimate before any works commence. On my repair they also happily passed on the Pentax user discount only asking me to provide my membership number. Thank god for internet phones..lol (Im not a plus member)Maybe I just got lucky...
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.