Glastonbury 2013 performances

cabstar

Link Posted 05/07/2013 - 20:26
Spent last week on assignment at the Glastonbury Festival, here are some of the performance shots, more on my flickr stream

Got some great access including on stage access Crystal Castles headline set in the John Peel tent, photo 8 and was also let in for Sinead O Connor in the Acoustic Tent, the first time this has been allowed since its inception which was a great honour for me.

The Crystal Castles shoot was ridiculously difficult, check out this video and see how the strobing and smoke.

After shooting a wedding the week before in Zante, Greece I now have a couple of weeks break before shooting Latitude Festival.

PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Last Edited by cabstar on 05/07/2013 - 20:28

Stuey

Link Posted 05/07/2013 - 20:28
Quality shots there Gary
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

Blythman

Link Posted 05/07/2013 - 20:30
Terrific set Gary.
Alan

PPG
Flickr

davidstorm

Link Posted 05/07/2013 - 22:03
Magnificent set Gary, tremendously well done.

We're having a little local festival in Tickhill nr. Doncaster (www.t-fest.co.uk) on 21st September - can you come?

It would be great to see you there.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

duncanM

Link Posted 05/07/2013 - 22:07
Outstandingly good. Consistently highest quality work.

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 05/07/2013 - 22:10
Stunning work mate!!
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 06/07/2013 - 00:06
Really excellent shots Gary and a great advert for Pentax equipment...you should be able to blagg yourself some heavily discounted gear from Pentax for your 'marketing support' by proving that you don't need a Canikon to be successful professionally in what must be a very demanding and competitive market.

Snootchies

Link Posted 06/07/2013 - 01:10
As usual some cracking stuff Gary. I agree - you are a great testament to Pentax considering you work in a field very much dominated by other brands.
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link

cabstar

Link Posted 06/07/2013 - 01:12
Thanks guys.

davidstorm wrote:
Magnificent set Gary, tremendously well done.

We're having a little local festival in Tickhill nr. Doncaster (www.t-fest.co.uk) on 21st September - can you come?

It would be great to see you there.

Regards
David

Would love too but I am already booked that weekend for Alchemy Festival in Lincolnshire.

1stEverPentax wrote:
Really excellent shots Gary and a great advert for Pentax equipment...you should be able to blagg yourself some heavily discounted gear from Pentax for your 'marketing support' by proving that you don't need a Canikon to be successful professionally in what must be a very demanding and competitive market.

I have emailed and messaged Pentax numerous times about sponsoring professional Pentax users and got no response what so ever.....
Concert photography

Snootchies

Link Posted 06/07/2013 - 01:13
cabstar wrote:
I have emailed and messaged Pentax numerous times about sponsoring professional Pentax users and got no response what so ever.....

Missed opportunity, it really is. There's nothing more convincing to people than real tangible results they can see and go "wow" to. A worthwhile marketing strategy.
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link
Last Edited by Snootchies on 06/07/2013 - 01:15

K10D

Link Posted 06/07/2013 - 06:11
All very good images Gary. It looks like you may have taken another step up the ladder.

Best regards

Helpful

DrOrloff

Link Posted 06/07/2013 - 07:56
Terrific shots, mastery of very tricky lighting. I guess you're keeping the Stones ones close to your chest.

I agree that Pentax are missing a trick by not sponsoring images like these in some way. My pick is The XX girl.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 06/07/2013 - 09:15
All A-grade stuff, Gary. No. 2 is especially excellent.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Last Edited by Pentaxophile on 06/07/2013 - 09:15

cabstar

Link Posted 06/07/2013 - 10:04
DrOrloff wrote:
Terrific shots, mastery of very tricky lighting. I guess you're keeping the Stones ones close to your chest.

I agree that Pentax are missing a trick by not sponsoring images like these in some way. My pick is The XX girl.

unfortunately i didn't get chosen for the stones, limited to 50 printed press guys and they closed if the arena for crowd safety so no shots of the stones unfortunately.
Concert photography

Last Edited by cabstar on 06/07/2013 - 10:06

LennyBloke

Link Posted 06/07/2013 - 12:52
I think you show the differences between a pro and most amateurs - not only do you have images with great IQ, you also have a good variety of angles, excellent composition, and good exposures - many people won't appreciate how difficult it is to achieve these things at a gig - I do because I've failed several times

Really good stuff - thanks for sharing
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.