Glasgow Meet
Posted 09/04/2011 - 16:59
Link
Oh - and just who is photographing the photographer and with what ??
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP1942.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP1942.jpg[/IMG]
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 09/04/2011 - 17:11
Link
We're now back at the hotel. We left the others heading for the lake.
It was good to put names to faces and meet new people, and boy did Glasgow turn on the heat for us !
It will be another couple of weeks before my photos are available, if any are any good that is, since I can't edit them on my netbook.
Posted 09/04/2011 - 17:28
Link
techno-terminator wrote:
Just to whet your appetite
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP1951.jpg[/IMG]
Don't you have any bushes for the perverts to hide behind in Glasgow?..
Just to whet your appetite
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP1951.jpg[/IMG]
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Posted 09/04/2011 - 17:29
Link
Looks like fun, in particular the first one. Who si who? Oh I wish I would have been there. Stuck in the house but with a bit of luck I get a loan Mobility Scooter for tomorrow only on loan.
I just ho e so as I go mad here. Want to get out for a while and that would help at the moment.
Grate to see you got a good day.
I just ho e so as I go mad here. Want to get out for a while and that would help at the moment.
Grate to see you got a good day.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
Posted 09/04/2011 - 17:31
Link
Beginner - we were getting a lesson on how to shoot Macros
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 09/04/2011 - 17:32
Link
Gwyn - I've only had a quick look at mine - but those two just HAD to go on
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 09/04/2011 - 19:18
Link
I'm sorry but I have to say I am dissapointed, TT is a FRAUD the excuse of leaving the meet early because she had a lot to do was simply an excuse to get home and post the first pics from the meet.
Anyway I suppose I should forgive her for making such a good job of capturing my bald patch
As for being Pervs amongst the Daffodils Mr Beginer I can assure you our intentions were quite honourable, this is what I was attempting to capture (Mr Reynolds will have to account for his own actions)
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/IMGP2034.jpg[/IMG]
I also managed to snap a few Daffs.
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/IMGP2039.jpg[/IMG]
An enjoyable meet, putting more names to faces and meeting again with old friends. The weather wasn't too bad either
Anyway I suppose I should forgive her for making such a good job of capturing my bald patch
As for being Pervs amongst the Daffodils Mr Beginer I can assure you our intentions were quite honourable, this is what I was attempting to capture (Mr Reynolds will have to account for his own actions)
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/IMGP2034.jpg[/IMG]
I also managed to snap a few Daffs.
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/IMGP2039.jpg[/IMG]
An enjoyable meet, putting more names to faces and meeting again with old friends. The weather wasn't too bad either
Posted 09/04/2011 - 20:03
Link
I thought today was really good
I don't usually attend these sort of things, but today was good, and the people I met were sound !!!
I arrived quite early and caught the start, by accident, of the 5k run in the park. I started off well, managed to pry the 'fishy' off the camera and had the Samyang 85mm f1.4 on the K7.


The Samyang wasn't wide enough so I put the Pentax 17-70mm on,


Then the voices in my head started saying, 'fishy', 'fishy', 'fis . . . . . ,


Come on guys, if "PentaxExpert" can loose all the details in a daffodil, so can you !!!!

I don't usually attend these sort of things, but today was good, and the people I met were sound !!!
I arrived quite early and caught the start, by accident, of the 5k run in the park. I started off well, managed to pry the 'fishy' off the camera and had the Samyang 85mm f1.4 on the K7.


The Samyang wasn't wide enough so I put the Pentax 17-70mm on,


Then the voices in my head started saying, 'fishy', 'fishy', 'fis . . . . . ,


Come on guys, if "PentaxExpert" can loose all the details in a daffodil, so can you !!!!

Posted 09/04/2011 - 20:27
Link
The last fish eye pic is amazing!
[IMG]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm33/testdasi/Images/Pentax%20K-5/pk5sig.gif[/IMG]====================================
My Flickr
My PPG
The Rotary Shutter
My Flickr
My PPG
The Rotary Shutter
Posted 09/04/2011 - 21:22
Link
Galoot wrote:
I don't usually attend these sort of things, but today was good, and the people I met were sound !!!
Agreed! I'll try to make it to a few more in future.I don't usually attend these sort of things, but today was good, and the people I met were sound !!!
Sadly I didn't get much in the way of shots that were any good - not one of my better photography days, but it was a fun meet and nice to get to know a few people, which more than made up for it.
The below is probably my favourite from the day despite the slight purple fringing (minimised as much as I know how in quick PP but still visible). A bit cropped from the original as the 55-300 didn't get me quite as close as I would have liked. Admittedly I have a bit of a penchant for shots taken from extreme angles.
[IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/msitaylor/ChimneyCrows.jpg[/IMG]
My Flickr • Pentax K-5 • K-5 II • Sigma 8-16mm F/4.5-5.6 DC HSM • Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD ASL • SMC Pentax-DA* 50-135mm F/2.8 ED [IF] SDM • SMC Pentax-DA 55-300mm F/4-5.8 ED • SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] WR • Vivitar 100mm F/3.5 Macro AF • Metz Mecablitz 58 AF-2
Posted 09/04/2011 - 22:57
Link
Just had a quick look at mine in Irfanview - threw out some really duff ones, but nothing to write home about I'm afraid.
I shall have a look at Alan's later and see if he got any goodies.
I shall have a look at Alan's later and see if he got any goodies.
Posted 10/04/2011 - 07:40
Link
Looks like everyone had a great time and stunning sunshine if TT's image is anything to go by, it looks like Alan is stalking Gareth in the undergrowth, not a mushroom.
Nice mushroom Alan, how did you manage to find one of my work colleagues in Glasgow .
Galoot you have produced some stunning strong compositions especially the lights and the thinker.
Nice mushroom Alan, how did you manage to find one of my work colleagues in Glasgow .
Galoot you have produced some stunning strong compositions especially the lights and the thinker.
Posted 10/04/2011 - 12:43
Link
Sounds like a fun day out, looking forward to seeing more pics!
Technoblurb wrote:
Nice mushroom Alan, how did you manage to find one of my work colleagues in Glasgow .
Galoot you have produced some stunning strong compositions especially the lights and the thinker.
I agree, nice mushroom, and the first picture of the lights and the thinker especially are excellent shots.
Nice mushroom Alan, how did you manage to find one of my work colleagues in Glasgow .
Galoot you have produced some stunning strong compositions especially the lights and the thinker.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4141 posts
16 years
Glasgow
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP1951.jpg[/IMG]
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs