Full Frame Pentax!!!!!!!
Posted 23/01/2010 - 16:24
Link
Where did you read this :
I would have thought that they would be concentrating all their efforts on the 645D.
What is this obsession with full frame :
Edit: Typo corrected.
I would have thought that they would be concentrating all their efforts on the 645D.
What is this obsession with full frame :
Edit: Typo corrected.
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 23/01/2010 - 17:37
Link
petemasty wrote:
does anyone have any more information regarding this.
No-one outside of Pentax has any info, and no-one inside Pentax is saying anything. So whatever you read was purely speculation.does anyone have any more information regarding this.
Personally, I would find FF interesting, except I wouldn't be keen on having to use a 450mm lens instead of a 300mm!
~Pete
Posted 23/01/2010 - 18:13
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Here we go again.
I say ... get a grip. (in more ways than one)
That's right...and I did
Here we go again.
Hyram wrote:
What is this obsesion with full frame :
Full frame means bigger cameras so everyone looks more professional.What is this obsesion with full frame :
I say ... get a grip. (in more ways than one)
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 23/01/2010 - 19:25
Link
FF now with HD Video and Sky+
Regards
David
Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:
David
Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:
Posted 23/01/2010 - 19:36
Link
The quality of existing Pentax DSLRs is so good (I've made many c. A3 prints and a few c. A2 prints with my humble 6mp K100D) I can't understand the obsession some folk have with full-frame. I suppose it's just because it was what we all used to use (sorry you folks who are still using film) and everything relates back to it. That's why I still think of 35mm focal length equivalents.
The main advantage, as I see it, would be the opportunity to use more wide-angle lenses. Mind you, I guess the huge sensor would show up a few deficiencies in my antique manual lens collection! (Best stick to using the middle bit with my small sensor!)
Andrew C.
The main advantage, as I see it, would be the opportunity to use more wide-angle lenses. Mind you, I guess the huge sensor would show up a few deficiencies in my antique manual lens collection! (Best stick to using the middle bit with my small sensor!)
Andrew C.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 23/01/2010 - 19:47
Link
iceblinker wrote:
Personally, I would find FF interesting, except I wouldn't be keen on having to use a 450mm lens instead of a 300mm!
So by using a Pentax 300mm f/4 lens on a cropped sensor, it's effective magnification is 9 and by seeing more of its image circle as with FF it's magnification reverts to 6? I always thought only the field of view changed? petemasty wrote:
does anyone have any more information regarding this.
No-one outside of Pentax has any info, and no-one inside Pentax is saying anything. So whatever you read was purely speculation.does anyone have any more information regarding this.
Personally, I would find FF interesting, except I wouldn't be keen on having to use a 450mm lens instead of a 300mm!
So it can be said then that we can change the fixed focal length by seeing less or more of the available image circle.
It would be nice to be able to use the 31mm ltd as a 31mm, just a thought.
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 23/01/2010 - 19:58
Link
Ok, I don't HAVE to use a 450mm lens instead of a 300mm, but there's no advantage to FF if I'm going to crop every shot to APS-C. So therefore I will need longer lenses to take advantage of it for the same telephoto effect.
~Pete
Posted 23/01/2010 - 20:01
Link
I presume (but really have no idea) that it all depends on the MP of the sensor involved when looking at effective lens length on a FF camera. If you take something like the D700 that has 12MP and put it against a 12MP 1.5x crop camera then yes the FF would come up short but if you had a 18MP FF then wouldn't they have the same reach?
Or am I way out here?
Or am I way out here?
Posted 23/01/2010 - 20:05
Link
K10D wrote:
So it can be said then that we can change the fixed focal length by seeing less or more of the available image circle.
Not actually, but effectively, yes, but with a loss of image quality when cropping ("seeing less").
So it can be said then that we can change the fixed focal length by seeing less or more of the available image circle.
~Pete
Posted 23/01/2010 - 20:07
Link
Way out i think. The focal length of lenses does not change, only the amount of the image circle that the sensor sees.
For the same pixel pitch a FF frame sensor would have to have a higher pixel count than an APS-C one, simply because there's more of it. Or the pixel count could be the same and the individual pixels could be bigger. This latter scenario is where the lower noise comes in. Bigger pixels produce more current and have less inherent noise and less overspill between pixels.
For the same pixel pitch a FF frame sensor would have to have a higher pixel count than an APS-C one, simply because there's more of it. Or the pixel count could be the same and the individual pixels could be bigger. This latter scenario is where the lower noise comes in. Bigger pixels produce more current and have less inherent noise and less overspill between pixels.
Best regards, John
Posted 23/01/2010 - 20:07
Link
iceblinker wrote:
Ok, I don't HAVE to use a 450mm lens instead of a 300mm, but there's no advantage to FF if I'm going to crop every shot to APS-C. So therefore I will need longer lenses to take advantage of it for the same telephoto effect.
Focal length does not change. As per this link linkOk, I don't HAVE to use a 450mm lens instead of a 300mm, but there's no advantage to FF if I'm going to crop every shot to APS-C. So therefore I will need longer lenses to take advantage of it for the same telephoto effect.
I wonder how many 35mm film users ditched their cameras for APS format?
If larger sensors are not an advantage I would ask why are Pentax launching a medium format digital?
I use digital FF so my 14-24 is just that and not a 21-36 equiv. I don't own the Pentax 31mm but would buy it if Pentax release a FF DSLR.
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


371 posts
17 years
wiltshire
My Flickr