From San Jacinto

LawrenceKH
Posted 03/11/2015 - 19:11 Link
I began with an Olympus RC35 back in 1979, a wedding present from my wife -- years later in 1998 we retired to San Jacinto in Southern California. I wanted to retire elsewhere but my wife didn't want to move too far from her parents (who lived in Indio, Southern California). I argued that if she could find a house near a good spot where I could hike and let the dogs run off-leash we could move there -- she did and we bought a house in San Jacinto. Not too long afterwards I moved into the digital world. My first serious cameras and lenses were Olympus, but when Olympus abandoned the DSLR world I moved over to Pentax which in my view had a lot in common with the rugged Olympus cameras and lenses. I started with a K20D, then got a K7 (both now belong to my son) then got a K5, K5iis and finally a K3.

I have used the 18-135 lens most often for hikes but just recently purchased (but have not yet received) the 16-85. My photos as much as anything have been about my dogs on hikes. Last week for example we had an interesting confrontation with a coyote. I was concerned about the coyote's aggressiveness toward my dogs and so got only one (sort of) good shot of him. Each time I would raise my camera he would scurry away. One can see him in the Oct 2015 gallery within the "River Photography" Folder in www.lawrencehelm.smugmug.com [if it turns out to be okay to cite web sites on this forum -- I didn't notice anything to the contrary. ]

Lawrence
Edited by LawrenceKH: 03/11/2015 - 19:12
python118
Posted 03/11/2015 - 19:28 Link
Hi, Lawrence thanks for telling us about a part of your life and sharing your pics with us, It looks a great place to liive

Regards Dave
kingalew
Posted 03/11/2015 - 23:06 Link
Hello and welcome Lawrence.
www.flickr.com/photos/kingalew/
Current - K3, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 70-300mm, Pentax DA 35mm f2.4, Pentax DA 18-55mm WR, Pentax DA 50-200mm WR, Pentax Da 50mm f1.8, Sigma manual 28mm, Pentax Ltd 40mm f2.8, Sigma 70mm f2.8 Macro.
Nakedgun
Posted 04/11/2015 - 04:47 Link
Welcome from the Southwest!
- David

"A republic, madam, if you can keep it." - Benjamin Franklin
AndrewA
Posted 04/11/2015 - 09:34 Link
Hello and Welcome to the forum!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
gtis
Posted 04/11/2015 - 17:45 Link
Hello and welcome love the knives
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter





Panasonic Dmc Fz200
Mag07
Posted 04/11/2015 - 18:30 Link
Welcome to the forums mate.
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)
BruceStrachan
Posted 06/11/2015 - 07:00 Link
Welcome to the forum, youŽll find the forum very friendly & helpful...
Cheers,

Bruce
Fodwick
Posted 06/11/2015 - 15:36 Link
Welcome, Old Chap, from sunny (rainy) Manchester!
Come and see the beautiful things I see in the ordinary world.
Richard

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo