Fortnightly Competition # 9 comments

Prieni
Posted 11/02/2009 - 17:09 Link
mikew wrote:
I suppose the door is open for another 50 odd minutes - let it be thrown open wide to let the masses through! Yeah right.
Give or take a week...
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
mikew
Posted 11/02/2009 - 17:15 Link
Dang that's a blow. I have been really busy this past week and thought it ended today. How time flies when you (sort of) enjoying yourself.

Double dang as I made my entry yesterday thinking I might not have time today.

What a muppet.

Mike
Malo1961
Posted 11/02/2009 - 17:38 Link
mikew wrote:

What a muppet.

Mike
Yeahhhh, but a nice muppet.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Father Ted
Posted 11/02/2009 - 21:53 Link
Phew! I read the quote from Mike first and thought I'd missed this one. I've got one or two ideas so want to give it a go and was banking on having another week.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Dr. Mhuni
Posted 16/02/2009 - 05:28 Link
A (probably rather) basic question. How do you extract EXIF info from a pic posted in a thread? I can open images, but can't find EXIF info.
Mhuni

500px
Edited by Dr. Mhuni: 16/02/2009 - 05:30
Prieni
Posted 16/02/2009 - 08:37 Link
Dr. Mhuni wrote:
A (probably rather) basic question. How do you extract EXIF info from a pic posted in a thread? I can open images, but can't find EXIF info.
I use a plug-in for Firefox called FxIF. A right click on a picture, then on properties gives a dialogue box that has a 'copy' button to copy the EXIF data.
Another way is to download the picture and open it in an application like Photoshop or, even better for the EXIF data, PhotoME. It's unbelievable how much information there is in the EXIF when you open it with PhotoME.

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Hyram
Posted 16/02/2009 - 08:51 Link
Prieni wrote:
Dr. Mhuni wrote:
A (probably rather) basic question. How do you extract EXIF info from a pic posted in a thread? I can open images, but can't find EXIF info.
Another way is to download the picture and open it in an application like Photoshop or, even better for the EXIF data, PhotoME. It's unbelievable how much information there is in the EXIF when you open it with PhotoME.

Prieni
Do you run Photome alongside Photoshop purely for its EXIF functions and do you import an image into Photome as you do with Photoshop :
Hyram

Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Prieni
Posted 16/02/2009 - 08:57 Link
I use PhotoME only for the EXIF info when it's something that Photoshop doesn't show (e.g. if I want to take a look at SR settings, battery state etc.) You have to start PhotoME and then open the image (though it does come with some sort of image browser).

One cool thing is the graphics for the exposure values, see this example:
[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/Prieni/Exposurevalues.jpg[/IMG]

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Lilly
Posted 16/02/2009 - 09:35 Link
Prieni wrote:
Dr. Mhuni wrote:
A (probably rather) basic question. How do you extract EXIF info from a pic posted in a thread? I can open images, but can't find EXIF info.
I use a plug-in for Firefox called FxIF. A right click on a picture, then on properties gives a dialogue box that has a 'copy' button to copy the EXIF data.
...

Prieni
..thanks for that tip Prieni, just downloaded FxIF, it is brilliant, been looking for that for ages!
Lilly )
website
BLOG
FLICKR

Pentax: K20D; FA50mm 1.4; FA135mm 2.8; FA 17-28mm; FA 80-320mm; AF360FGZ
Sigma: 30mm F1.4EXDC; 10-20mmEXDC ..... LENSBABY 'Composer' ,
Hyram
Posted 16/02/2009 - 13:38 Link
Thanks Prieni.

I shall have a look at both Photome and FxIF.
Hyram

Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Dr. Mhuni
Posted 17/02/2009 - 12:11 Link
Cheers, Prieni - will check that out online.
Mhuni

500px
Father Ted
Posted 18/02/2009 - 14:46 Link
Well, aren't I just a prize pillock

I had a good ( well I thought so ) idea, but haven't been able to organise that.

No problem, I thought, I have a couple of close ups of a castle door I took last August.
"So", thinks I, "I'll clean them up and use one for this competition".

Totally forgetting about the rule that is has to be taken during the fortnight
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Malo1961
Posted 18/02/2009 - 22:16 Link
Well, am I the only one looking at the door, hoping Peter to arrive?

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Edited by Malo1961: 18/02/2009 - 22:17
Hyram
Posted 18/02/2009 - 22:39 Link
Malo1961 wrote:
Well, am I the only one looking at the door, hoping Peter to arrive?

Martin.
Peter's last log-in was lunchtime today
Hyram

Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Malo1961
Posted 18/02/2009 - 22:44 Link
Yeah, I noticed. I'll guess he is just busy. Nap time for me now.
Another day tomorrow.

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo