Fortnight comp # 81: Crop & PoP
Posted 01/12/2011 - 01:50
Link
Now that is a fantastic job RPLSF....Are you sure that you have never done this before? I found that you came across like a experienced adjudicator. Maybe you have help someone judge photos elsewhere, at one time or another? Yes you were that good!
Thank you for second place, and it was so much easier to clean Rocko up in Light-room then with the scissors!! He is not my dog...I am just taking care of him for his owner.
Congrats to one of my favorite photographers on the site....Glyn, for his well deserve first place.
All the photo were great...and it was a well thought out topic. So thanks again RPLSF!
Regards:
JA
Thank you for second place, and it was so much easier to clean Rocko up in Light-room then with the scissors!! He is not my dog...I am just taking care of him for his owner.
Congrats to one of my favorite photographers on the site....Glyn, for his well deserve first place.
All the photo were great...and it was a well thought out topic. So thanks again RPLSF!
Regards:
JA
Posted 01/12/2011 - 09:18
Link
Wow, that was a surprise. Many thanks to RPLSF for setting an interesting task, your excellent reviews and of course, the difficult, but well performed judging. With your well executed first attempt completed you are now definitely an expert .
Lots of thanks also for awarding my orchid stack first place. Congratulations to Judith, Sean & darkskies, with whom I share the podium, and everyone else for a great set of interpretations. I really liked darkskies' distorted building, creating art from photography, which is something I always have great difficulty achieving.
My thanks to everyone who entered for keeping this competition alive. I now have the difficult task of coming up with a new subject but will hopefully post something up shortly.
Glyn
Lots of thanks also for awarding my orchid stack first place. Congratulations to Judith, Sean & darkskies, with whom I share the podium, and everyone else for a great set of interpretations. I really liked darkskies' distorted building, creating art from photography, which is something I always have great difficulty achieving.
My thanks to everyone who entered for keeping this competition alive. I now have the difficult task of coming up with a new subject but will hopefully post something up shortly.
Glyn
Posted 01/12/2011 - 09:27
Link
Well done, RPLSF, great job. Thanks for the 4th, and well done to everyone else. Some interesting work here!
OK, I thought I'd leave a little explanation of my "tweak" until after the comp. The spiral effect was done using a free bit of software called Photo Spiralysis. It can be downloaded from here
link
You can twist, rotate, using a square, circle or any quadrilateral as a base.
It's just a bit of fun, and this is actually the first time I've used it, so it must be pretty easy! I haven't quite worked out how to use it for a "serious" image but you never know. Perhaps you can have a go, Glyn?
Cheers,
ds
OK, I thought I'd leave a little explanation of my "tweak" until after the comp. The spiral effect was done using a free bit of software called Photo Spiralysis. It can be downloaded from here
link
You can twist, rotate, using a square, circle or any quadrilateral as a base.
It's just a bit of fun, and this is actually the first time I've used it, so it must be pretty easy! I haven't quite worked out how to use it for a "serious" image but you never know. Perhaps you can have a go, Glyn?
Cheers,
ds
This space deliberately left blank.
Posted 01/12/2011 - 10:29
Link
darkskies wrote:
... The spiral effect was done using a free bit of software called Photo Spiralysis. It can be downloaded from here
link
... Perhaps you can have a go, Glyn?
That does indeed look fun and I will certainly try it. Many thanks.... The spiral effect was done using a free bit of software called Photo Spiralysis. It can be downloaded from here
link
... Perhaps you can have a go, Glyn?
JudithAnn wrote:
... Congrats to one of my favorite photographers on the site....Glyn, for his well deserve first place.
Seriously humbled .... Congrats to one of my favorite photographers on the site....Glyn, for his well deserve first place.
Glyn
Posted 01/12/2011 - 12:40
Link
Thanks for the great judging and the kind comments - tripod would have been sensible but as usual I rushed rather than cogitated !
Worthy winner and some interesting photos/effects.
Tony
Worthy winner and some interesting photos/effects.
Tony
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
Posted 01/12/2011 - 13:43
Link
Gosh guys, thank you for all the kind feed back. Judging is not easy as each photo has its own merrits. It was realy a great learning experience, and I know my work will benifit highly from it. So thanks again all who entered
....to capture with my K-x what my eye beholds and my imagination seeks...
Posted 01/12/2011 - 20:10
Link
Excellent subject and judging RPLSF, thanks for your comments on my shot which I found very flattering to have it compared to a studio shot
Well done Glyn for a cracking winner and congrats to places et al and all who entered
Well done Glyn for a cracking winner and congrats to places et al and all who entered
Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot
Gear Not enough!!
PPG
Flickr
My not so new website
Gear Not enough!!
PPG
Flickr
My not so new website
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


704 posts
17 years
Newfoundland Canada