Monthly competition #5: Communications

alexfilipov

Link Posted 03/11/2011 - 20:04
The competition will close at Midnight (GMT)on Wednesday, November 30th 2011.

Any topic interpetation is welcome.

The usual rules apply. The image has to be taken with a Pentax camera or Samsung DSLR equivalent and be shot within the duration of this competition. Please include camera details and shooting time and date with your image.

RPLSF

Link Posted 11/11/2011 - 04:40
Alpha

cursive

EXIF
Model PENTAX K-x
ISO 400
Exposure 1/30 sec
Aperture 8.0
Focal Length 43mm
Flash Used true

ASL "a"

EXIF
Model PENTAX K-x
ISO 1600
Exposure 1/25 sec
Aperture 8.0
Focal Length 35mm
Flash Used true

keyboard

EXIF
Model PENTAX K-x
ISO 1600
Exposure 1/30 sec
Aperture 8.0
Focal Length 48mm
Flash Used true

All pictures taken today, November 10, 2011.
....to capture with my K-x what my eye beholds and my imagination seeks...

JudithAnn

Link Posted 12/11/2011 - 01:44
On the Receiving End of Communications

Magazines

Television

Internet Updates

Taken Today Nov 11th (as shown in news-cast TV)
Pentax K10d
50- 200mm Lens
f number f/4
Exposure .125s
ISO 400

https://www.jastandringphotos.com

darlene

alexfilipov

Link Posted 01/12/2011 - 19:56
And here are the results. Due to the extremely low number of entries, there will be only a first place:

... and it goes to RPLSF for the excellent interpretation and realization. I could only comment that I would love to see a collage of those three images in B&W! Congratulations!

Many thanks to both JudithAnn and Darlene for the participation.

JudithAnn: I would prefer more "I would love to have that as a poster on my wall" images. Your interpretation of the subject was a very original one, though. Maybe a closer shot (from a 75 degree angle) on the pentax forum (w/o the keyboard) would look better.

Darlene: The "three apples" idea is an indeed a great one! You nailed it here A different angle on the three A devices and a little bit more DOF on the iPad and Macbook keyboard would help a bit (I don't know how an iPad/Macbook looks, e.g.) but nevertheless it was a brilliant idea.

Many thanks to *all* three of you who participated. Now it's up to RPLSF to decide whether to continue the competition or not.

Kind regards,

Alex

darlene

Link Posted 02/12/2011 - 01:26
Thanks alexfilipov for commenting , I though it was forgotten about, as only 3 entered . I too loved RPLSF great to see the letter A in different ways. Well done

RPLSF

Link Posted 02/12/2011 - 04:06
A true THANKYOU for even bothering to judge this possibly defunct comp. I do wish to say I took this comp seriously, and enjoyed executing my entries

As it is a busy month for nearly everyone, I will hold off on a topic (or a continuim) for 5 days.

If members wish to continue, please state so here. If I receive "5" do-its, I will, (very gladly). If by the 5th of december there are not, I will let it be.

IMHO its a great comp which tempers art w/ topic.

Let me know

alexfilipov

Link Posted 02/12/2011 - 07:23
+1 do-it

darlene

Link Posted 02/12/2011 - 19:25
# 2 do - it

JudithAnn

Link Posted 02/12/2011 - 20:08
Thanks for the judging.....Too bad about the turn out....anyway congrats to RF in her winning!

#3 I do..
https://www.jastandringphotos.com

RPLSF

Link Posted 05/12/2011 - 16:12
Sadly it is the 5th and there does not seem to be much support for this rather unique comp. I will give it until midnight. If I do run the comp, it will be titled "Three Courses". This time of year is full of food and family for many cultures. I will also run the comp untill Jan 31, giving members plenty of time to enter.... It all hinges on 2 more "in's" in the next 9 hours

Frogherder

Link Posted 05/12/2011 - 16:35
#4 from me. I had intended entering but sadly let it drift and I forgot-sorry

Bernard

Frankie

Link Posted 05/12/2011 - 18:15
I'll give it a go, although I've never entered before. I'm sure I can come up with something between now and 31st January. I'd hate to see the comp disappear before I've even plucked up the courage to enter. Now I'd better go find the rules.
K5 + 18-135mm kit lens
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.