Five in a row: Kris' (womble's) go

Stuey
Posted 21/11/2014 - 21:56 Link
I like all of these they are different and excellent
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
simonarron
Posted 22/11/2014 - 07:51 Link
That last one didn't grab me in the same manner as the previous four, Kris. The colour looks a little flat (although that might be my monitor) and - a personal thing - I prefer shots like this to have a shallower depth of field, to separate one or two flowers from the rest.

I've really enjoyed your selections these past few days. The bridge shot (#4) probably just nicks it for me, with the horse a close second.

Thanks for your efforts - much appreciated.
bwlchmawr
Posted 22/11/2014 - 08:16 Link
I never thought of you as a bugs and blooms man, Kris. Nice delicate colours and lines but perhaps not as arresting as the others in the set.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
davidtrout
Posted 22/11/2014 - 09:15 Link
The bridge shot is a powerful image and superb black and white. Like a couple of other commentators it looks a little dark on my monitor but that's easily rectified. I'm not seriously into flower, plant and bug photography but I can appreciate an expert example when I see one and your garlic and spider picture falls into this category.
This set of five has been varied, interesting and artistic. A delight to view.
David

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
davidstorm
Posted 22/11/2014 - 12:56 Link
The bridge shot is great, very powerful and graphic, with just a hint of fabulous scenery in the background too. The black and white suits it to a tee and although it is a bit dark, I don't mind this.

I'm not so taken by the garlic and spider shot, I think it maybe lacks a real focal point, despite the spider.

Al very enjoyable set though Kris, thanks for posting them.

BTW, this 'five in a row' idea seems to be going well and is getting a decent number of comments.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
michaelblue
Posted 22/11/2014 - 13:17 Link
This last one is, for me, the weakest of the five. As David says, no real focal point in spite of the spider.
Perhaps getting in closer would have improved it.......just my opinion of course. Thanks for sharing these with us Kris,
Regards,
Michael
alfpics
Posted 22/11/2014 - 13:26 Link
Tend to agree - this last is not the best of the set; however is still intriguing and I know that had I seen that, I would have taken a picture!!
Andy
womble
Posted 22/11/2014 - 13:29 Link
5
michaelblue wrote:
This last one is, for me, the weakest of the five. As David says, no real focal point in spite of the spider.
Perhaps getting in closer would have improved it.......just my opinion of course. Thanks for sharing these with us Kris,
I tried but the spider ran away!

Thanks for all the comments, folks, much appreciated. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
bforbes
Posted 26/11/2014 - 10:12 Link
I've been away, so my apologies for missing the last of your set Kris.

I have to agree with those who thinks it's not the best of the set, but then you did give your self a very high bar to get over. I've enjoyed looking through them

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo