Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

First ICM of 2022

1stEverPentax
Posted 01/01/2022 - 18:29 Link
Had a brief afternoon wander down by the local river and woods late afternoon...light definitely starting to fail.

Thought i'd try a few very brief attempts at ICM of some trees i've used before down there.

First go used a large aperture and faster speed to give a result not dissimilar to that i'd obtained before albeit the light wasn't ideal today. The second and third shots used a much smaller aperture and defaulted to a very slow speed...slower than I had intended but quite liked the abstract result although appreciate this may be too much for some. I'll take similar shots again soon but maybe 30 mins earlier in the afternoon for hopefully a result somewhere inbetween.

Great thing about digital...you can experiment easily and cheaply and see the result very soon after taking the shot.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
pschlute
Posted 01/01/2022 - 19:44 Link
only by testing the boundaries do we find where they are.....well done.
1stEverPentax
Posted 01/01/2022 - 22:21 Link
pschlute wrote:
only by testing the boundaries do we find where they are.....well done.

Very true ... and 'thanks'...in that order!

Karlo
LongTimeLurker
Posted 02/01/2022 - 17:53 Link
I do like the abstract nature of the second and third photographs. I achieved this once by sneezing at the point of pressing the shutter release! The notes on your approach Karlo will help me to have a go and experiment a bit more.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
1stEverPentax
Posted 03/01/2022 - 23:17 Link
LongTimeLurker wrote:
I do like the abstract nature of the second and third photographs. I achieved this once by sneezing at the point of pressing the shutter release! The notes on your approach Karlo will help me to have a go and experiment a bit more.

Thanks Nigel...pleased you liked a couple of them.

Well worth a play around with next time you are out somewhere suitable.

Karlo

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.