Finally succumbed

Tyr

Link Posted 09/10/2018 - 00:04
PS. I'm not switching systems, just visiting a family member that shoots Olympus M43. My recent photogray with my K-5 just keeps reminding me what a good, if now somewhat old, piece of kit it is.
Regards,
Dan

https://www.flickr.com/photos/honourabletyr/

Kim C

Link Posted 09/10/2018 - 00:24
johnriley wrote:
Let's not forget the purpose of the forum though, that is to discuss Pentax related subjects. Obviously sometimes there is a bit of overlap that is of Pentax interest, but we have kept things, shall we say Pentaxocentric? Does that word even exist?

I must admit I use Pentax, Leica, Zeiss, Fuji and some others. True some of the "overlap" is using a Pentax lens on the Leica and Zeiss (and other glass) on the Pentax's. My "heart" is with Pentax which is why I'm here. That and the emphasis on photography rather than the way the "brand" sometimes gets in the way of good discussion. True this is the Pentax "user" forum but maybe it would be an idea to have an "other brands" section. That way if anyone if offended by such things, they can avoid it. It seems a shame to lose track of someone just because they have decided to change gear.

Aitch53

Link Posted 09/10/2018 - 14:02
Well, this IS the General Digital Photography chat Forum (my bold).
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

Mike-P

Link Posted 09/10/2018 - 14:25
Kim C wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="johnriley"]True this is the Pentax "user" forum but maybe it would be an idea to have an "other brands" section. That way if anyone if offended by such things, they can avoid it.

Asked for and refused many times over the years. To be fair though if I want to discuss other brands I use a different "general photography" forum where the users have rarely seen a Pentax never mind used one
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 09/10/2018 - 14:25

johnriley

Link Posted 09/10/2018 - 14:53
It's been discussed several timesand on balance it has always been decided to keep the unique flavour of the site as is, but no doubt it will come up again.

Incidentally, this section is intended to be a General Digital Photography section for discussion of Photoshop, printing, and so on. It's never clearly worked out like that!

ePHOTOzine covers all the rest of the various marques as well as Pentax and is the sister-site to this one.
Best regards, John

takuman

Link Posted 09/10/2018 - 16:10
Just to add my small contribution, I have used Pentax since the late 1960s and have no intention at my age to change. All the while my cameras and lenses function I will not change. I very much enjoy this forum and although I do not contribute much I do enjoy reading the hints and tips. So long may it continue to be a PENTAX forum.
Just passing thru
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.