exhibitions and galleries thread?

dougf8

Link Posted 11/02/2011 - 09:41
Davem just made a post in the pointless thread which I think might be good to make into a permanent thread. He's recommended a Fay Godwin exhibition.

If you've visited a decent exhibition or gallery perhaps you could share it with the rest of us? Doesn't need to be photography specifically given the cross-fertilisation of ideas across different areas of the arts, any decent exhibition or gallery will do.

Perhaps this could be made a sticky if it takes off then its a bit easier to find.

Perhaps we could limit this to UK rather than the whole planet or beyond for some off world species members?
Lurking is shirking.!

CoDa

Link Posted 11/02/2011 - 11:40
Good idea, there is a local event shortly, I could post dates etc if people interested.
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

gartmore

Link Posted 11/02/2011 - 11:52
This exhibition of John Thomson's China pictures is on in Glasgow until 12th June. link

I travelled to Liverpool last year to see it not relaising it would end up within walking distance of my house

Its not to be missed.

National Library of Scotland
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

techno-terminator

Link Posted 11/02/2011 - 12:18
OOOOOH that will also still be on during the Scottish meet up
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.