elinchrom el skyport radio slaves

Don

Link Posted 26/01/2008 - 11:16
having a week or so to test these units I can highly recommend them for my studio lights, but also for firing my vivitar 283's, and pentax protable flashes and remote firing my d-slrs. I found these units cost less for the pair (transmitter and universal reciever) than a single pocket wizzard transciever. range is less than the pocketwizzard, but still very good.
highly resistant to interference, and very versitile.
very small, with a fragile looking antanea (hope it's tougher than it looks).
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

adi2410355

Link Posted 12/07/2010 - 12:11
Hello,

I tried not to create a new topic, this is why I'm refreshing this one, I hope you can help as it's related.

I have the trigger and I'm very happy with it when I use a studio strobe (Calumet Genesis), but I can't make it work with my portable Sigma EF 530 DG. I'm not sure whether it's the compatibility issue or if it's me doing something wrong with the configuration.
I mount the Sigma flash on a hot-shoe adapter (Hama and made in Germany, not the cheapest available from e-bay) on the tripod and I connect the hot-shoe adapter to a trigger with a PC to "mini-jack" cable. I checked the hot shoe adapter and it works fine the other way round (fires the studio strobe via the hot-shoe to mini jack cable when I put the adapter on the camera). I'm wondering whether it should fire the flash mounted on it, at least theoretically, when it receives the impulse from the PC plug. As I said, the other way round it is OK.
Sorry if this sounds complicated :-/

And thank you!

Adrian

Don

Link Posted 12/07/2010 - 21:05
I took a cheap pc to hotshoe adaptor I had layin around, cut off the pc socket and soldered on the mini jack it has worked flawlessly for years now.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Last Edited by Don on 12/07/2010 - 21:06
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.