Dvelopment of an Idea

johnriley
Posted 18/02/2013 - 09:38 Link
Now the weekly competition is over, I thought it might be interesting to show how the idea I had for my picture "Nightmare" developed.

The original shot, uncropped, looks like this:
Comment Image

The first thought was this:
Comment Image

I thought the remains of the original hair adornments and other bits were distracting, so I went on to this, the final version:
Comment Image

The actual effect was gained through playing with levels and various filter effects in Photoshop. Exactly what is lost for ever, but an infinite number of possibilities exist. The intent was to create a ghostly nightmare looming out of the dark, the things we might see in terror in the pitch black of night.
Best regards, John
AndrewA
Posted 18/02/2013 - 10:28 Link
It is scary!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
vic cross
Posted 18/02/2013 - 11:58 Link
I think the origonal is the scariest. Just look at those red eyes. Just joking. Has she got contact lenses in? CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
generator
Posted 18/02/2013 - 16:33 Link
you should not do that john i have a weak heart lol
Thanks Richard
Frogherder
Posted 18/02/2013 - 17:49 Link
It's odd that the eyes remain red even though other areas (lips) have changed to green

regards
Bernard
Stuey
Posted 18/02/2013 - 19:16 Link
Nice concept/ execution of the processing John
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo