DSLR Advice

Ammonyte

Link Posted 12/04/2007 - 21:07
I'd suggest some ND grads for landscape work, a circular polarising filter and a tripod, on the recommendation of people here I upgraded my jessops own brand to a Manfrotto 055ProB and 488RC2 head.
Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
http://www.ammonyte.com/photos.html

UPINSMOKE

Link Posted 13/04/2007 - 00:17
I have just ordered these from Pixmania.com

Hama Tripod Traveller 4 19.57
Hama 52mm UV Filter 8.51
Hama Circular Polarising filter 52mm 19.57

What do you think please. I thought the prices were very good. I also bought my camera and lenses from them. You get a discount card that gives you 7% off futher purchases and give you reduced postage as well.

Mannesty

Link Posted 13/04/2007 - 09:31
Be prepared to get a non-english manual with your camera. No real problem, you can download an english one from the Pentax web site.

Hama equipment is well made budget gear. I have a Hama video tripod for my camcorder and I'm please with it.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

Tyr

Link Posted 13/04/2007 - 19:18
Some ND filters are a good idea. Unfortunately I can only find 3/4 1/2 and 1/4 filters and I's like to get some even lower light levels for very long exposures. Anyone know where I can get them? Something like 1/8 or even less transition.

I have a relatively good tripod, but heavy, that I'm happy with. I'll get a lighter one eventually.

I have a UV, ND and CP 55mm for the Fujifilm camera but I've noticed that they cause AF problems in strong light (they are not multi-coated). Now I was lead to believe that the anti-reflection multi coating was standard, only to learn later that it is only on the more expensive filters. Will a lens hood be good enough to fix AF and reflection problems?

EDIT: I don't have the camera yet but already downloaded the manual from Pentax
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.