dragon fly
Posted 06/06/2008 - 20:12
Link
Quote:
It looks as though it has just emerged. All of it's wings would have looked like that. They pump blood (or some other bodily fluid) through those veins to stretch them out, then they dry. Job done, they're airworthy
No, he's been in an accident. Look at the sticking plasters on his tail.It looks as though it has just emerged. All of it's wings would have looked like that. They pump blood (or some other bodily fluid) through those veins to stretch them out, then they dry. Job done, they're airworthy
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 06/06/2008 - 20:46
Link
was it shot near water?
looks to me like he's stretching is new wings.
tips are bent
looks to me like he's stretching is new wings.
tips are bent
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 06/06/2008 - 21:45
Link
Quote:
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:46 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
was it shot near water?
yes it was near the cotswold water parks.Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:46 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
was it shot near water?
Thanks for that guys, you learn something new everyday
As for the sticking plaster george i like it.
C&C welcome.
Don.
Don.
Posted 06/06/2008 - 21:59
Link
Looks like a female Common Blue Damselfly. Sorry, once I get my own macro lens out I can't help identifying everything. Thankfully, I still don't remember the Latin names.
Posted 07/06/2008 - 00:26
Link
Here comes Mr. Pedant again! I'm certainly no expert with Dragonfly and Damselfly (collectively 'Odonata') identification, but I believe this is an immature male Common Blue Damselfly. Note the complete band on segment 8, this would be a 'christmas tree' shaped stepped triangle on a female. Obviously I had to look it up though.
Dan
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 07/06/2008 - 08:09
Link
I was under the impression that the females had the pinkish tinge and the males were all blue. From that description, though, it certainly does appear to be male. I'd like to personally apologise to the Damselfly, but I fear it may be long gone
Posted 07/06/2008 - 08:56
Link
Thats a great shot, it looks like it has been chromed and your right George it does look like it has a plaster on its tail It could be an ID tag like in a hospital for new borns.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 07/06/2008 - 10:46
Link
I think that it is the special 'designer version' with all that chrome detailing
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2931 posts
18 years
Atherton tablelands,
NQ
Don.