Throwing the camera up in the air...
Posted 06/06/2008 - 17:21
Link
OK, I've seen articles where a guy does this at weddings, Crazy.
Without getting paid to do it, still crazy!!
Nice perspective though. You need a good fisheye and throw it higher!
Without getting paid to do it, still crazy!!
Nice perspective though. You need a good fisheye and throw it higher!
Posted 06/06/2008 - 21:40
Link
Please tell me this isn't actually with a DSLR. Please. Tell me.
Quote:
OK, I've seen articles where a guy does this at weddings, Crazy.
Without getting paid to do it, still crazy!!
Didn't you put your brand new K10D under the shower to test the weather sealing?
OK, I've seen articles where a guy does this at weddings, Crazy.
Without getting paid to do it, still crazy!!
Posted 06/06/2008 - 21:52
Link
Quote:
Please tell me this isn't actually with a DSLR. Please. Tell me.
Yep, real DSLR, with a Sigma 10-20 on the front, so quite heavy when it hits you on the head Please tell me this isn't actually with a DSLR. Please. Tell me.
About 50 shots altogether, the vast majority of those the picture was of the sky or the nearby trees... plus a few with me in but not worth using.
The likelyhood of missing the catch becomes great at around 50 tries...
Posted 06/06/2008 - 22:56
Link
You are an incredibly brave person, and I salute your bravery!
Best regards, John
Posted 06/06/2008 - 23:13
Link
I want to see the the photo from the toss you don't catch...lol
let me guess, you're lookin to upgrade to a new kit....
$50.00 and I won't tell your insurance company, what I know...javascript:emoticon('')
seriously, one small 6x6 inch square of plywood, some cord, a bolt, and an extensible paintroller handle can get the same angle with more accuracy and less risk...(you drill 5 holes in the board, mount a ball head to the center hole, and a peice of cord through one hole in each corner....tie the four peices together and tie that to your pole).
let me guess, you're lookin to upgrade to a new kit....
$50.00 and I won't tell your insurance company, what I know...javascript:emoticon('')
seriously, one small 6x6 inch square of plywood, some cord, a bolt, and an extensible paintroller handle can get the same angle with more accuracy and less risk...(you drill 5 holes in the board, mount a ball head to the center hole, and a peice of cord through one hole in each corner....tie the four peices together and tie that to your pole).
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 07/06/2008 - 10:48
Link
When you have bought your K20D, can you try throwing it in my direction :
I am not too far away
I am not too far away
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 07/06/2008 - 15:53
Link
Quote:
seriously, one small 6x6 inch square of plywood, some cord, a bolt, and an extensible paintroller handle can get the same angle with more accuracy and less risk...(you drill 5 holes in the board, mount a ball head to the center hole, and a peice of cord through one hole in each corner....tie the four peices together and tie that to your pole).
But where's the fun in that ? And anyway, the shadow of the pole might be in the picture. And I'd need a glamorous assistant to hold the pole, or some sort of assistant anyway. seriously, one small 6x6 inch square of plywood, some cord, a bolt, and an extensible paintroller handle can get the same angle with more accuracy and less risk...(you drill 5 holes in the board, mount a ball head to the center hole, and a peice of cord through one hole in each corner....tie the four peices together and tie that to your pole).
I'm thinking more of some sort of parachute now, it would at least keep the camera pointing down, and give me more to catch. Might even slow it down a bit...
When I woke up this morning my stomach muscles hurt like I'd been doing sit-ups. It seems that throwing and catching DSLR's is quite demanding on the muscles...
Posted 07/06/2008 - 20:24
Link
Quote:
And I'd need a glamorous assistant to hold the pole.
Point made. We await the next pictures with interest.And I'd need a glamorous assistant to hold the pole.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 07/06/2008 - 20:37
Link
Well I for one don't see anything wrong with what you're doing, and as long as you're having fun...but I got an ADD attention span, and could easily find something else to do, while waiting for the camera to come back...... my kids never liked playing toss up (or hide and seek) with me..... toss 'em and then go watch tv....
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 07/06/2008 - 23:18
Link
I feel we should report this to the NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Cameras)
Neat perspective but if you miss that's one seriously expensive shot.
Neat perspective but if you miss that's one seriously expensive shot.
you don't have to be mad to post here
but it does help
but it does help
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


574 posts
19 years
Hampshire,
UK
One of the few where the thing was actually pointed in the right direction when the shutter fired. I caught it every time... just
Also on 500px