Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Dissapointing retailer

cabstar
Posted 24/04/2012 - 14:03 Link
redbusa99 wrote:
"Trading Standards are not interested in teh consumer"
my son was very gtateful, as a consumer, to trading standards when a garage tried to charge £400 for a repair to a car he bought , they pointed out all the consumer legislation they had broken and even dictated a draft letter he should write. the outcome was car repaired free of charge

Thats very rare, my contact with trading standards as a consumer & a business has seen very little from them, a complaint we received when I had another business merely pointed out the legislation for us. Its very rare for Trading Standards to actually help a consumer by getting involved, looking at your situation I hazard a guess they had no contact with the garage for you??

The problem with large companies is they know the average man on the street won't pursue a court case against them because the think it is difficult. Having been involved in a few cases nothing could be further from the truth, once you start a case against a large company, their legal department takes over & soon settles.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Frogherder
Posted 24/04/2012 - 14:12 Link
You might like to look at the following :-

http://www.monikie.org.uk/yourrights.htm

The only time the store is not responsible that I know of is when companies such as Vax advise that you return faulty items directly to them.

Other than that it's back to the store and don't acept otherwise.

regards
Bernard
BMurray
Posted 24/04/2012 - 14:28 Link
Ken, thanks for that , I named the thread in a fit of rage. I have jsut been contacted by the Currys store and there is a brand new camera sitting waiting for me when i finish work. thanks for all your advice(s) and for not banning me.

New pictures will be posted soon.
B Murray
cabstar
Posted 24/04/2012 - 14:57 Link
Great news!
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Frogfish
Posted 24/04/2012 - 15:25 Link
Excellent BM ! I've often wondered if directing the retailer to a thread like this would have a beneficial effect.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
michaelblue
Posted 24/04/2012 - 15:41 Link
Great news!
maybe they'll think twice next time they get a comlaint
Regards,
Michael
BMurray
Posted 24/04/2012 - 20:28 Link
battery charged, now to get my settings sorted out. if anyone wants any lessons on overreacting like a little baby, just give me a shout.
B Murray

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.