Dissapointing retailer
Posted 20/04/2012 - 11:09
Link
As others have said your beef must be with the retailer not Pentax.
Do you have a local radio station, with a consumer help line.
I was having a bad experience with a retailer some time ago, (not camera related), I was making no progress. I then politely said I was going to contact the local radio station.
All of a sudden everything turned in my favour, and they bent over backwards to solve the problem.
Take care.
Do you have a local radio station, with a consumer help line.
I was having a bad experience with a retailer some time ago, (not camera related), I was making no progress. I then politely said I was going to contact the local radio station.
All of a sudden everything turned in my favour, and they bent over backwards to solve the problem.
Take care.
Chris R.
I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
Posted 20/04/2012 - 11:49
Link
Disappointing Currys definitely.
If you want a sob story:
Purchased K5 in Jan, 3 weeks later Len Release Button falls off, sent to Johnsons (2wks) with request to check sensor cleaning as I had noticed an unusual amount of dust on images, K5 returned still noticed dust, in particular black specks that despite swabbing sensor would not shift, sent images to SRS they agreed it should be looked at, off to Johnsons again, returned from Johnsons to SRS they were not happy sent it back, after a staggering 6wks I receive the K5 Tues this week, black specks still there! Johnsons Repair Docket stating 'Sensor has been clean, some dust will not clean, sensor cleaning is not covered under warranty, this has been cleaned as a gesture of good will'. - !!!!!??? Well, immediately contacted SRS and said I want my money back or a new one. SRS contacted Pentax UK and the Pentax Rep and a few hours later I had an assurance that Pentax UK are going to sort it "once and for all", camera picked up yesterday.
So a nightmare, but SRS have paid for all postage, and have at least been genuine in there attempts to resolve it. The black specks? My current theory is they are particles in between the sensor and filter, but you like to think Johnsons would have thought of that?
Do I want to leave the brand? Well admittedly the thought crossed my mind a couple of times but a quick look at competitors prices leaves you laughing.
The K5 and my little collection of Ltd's and 'A' primes is the closest in form and performance I can (or lottery permitting would want to spend) to getting a Lecia M9 or Fujifilm X-Pro1.
Another plus is that being 'forced' to use my GX10 has been interesting pushing it's limits beyond even where I thought they where, so much so I now think it had not been for the small form of the K5, I would have been happy with a second hand K10D as a second body.
If you want a sob story:
Purchased K5 in Jan, 3 weeks later Len Release Button falls off, sent to Johnsons (2wks) with request to check sensor cleaning as I had noticed an unusual amount of dust on images, K5 returned still noticed dust, in particular black specks that despite swabbing sensor would not shift, sent images to SRS they agreed it should be looked at, off to Johnsons again, returned from Johnsons to SRS they were not happy sent it back, after a staggering 6wks I receive the K5 Tues this week, black specks still there! Johnsons Repair Docket stating 'Sensor has been clean, some dust will not clean, sensor cleaning is not covered under warranty, this has been cleaned as a gesture of good will'. - !!!!!??? Well, immediately contacted SRS and said I want my money back or a new one. SRS contacted Pentax UK and the Pentax Rep and a few hours later I had an assurance that Pentax UK are going to sort it "once and for all", camera picked up yesterday.
So a nightmare, but SRS have paid for all postage, and have at least been genuine in there attempts to resolve it. The black specks? My current theory is they are particles in between the sensor and filter, but you like to think Johnsons would have thought of that?
Do I want to leave the brand? Well admittedly the thought crossed my mind a couple of times but a quick look at competitors prices leaves you laughing.
The K5 and my little collection of Ltd's and 'A' primes is the closest in form and performance I can (or lottery permitting would want to spend) to getting a Lecia M9 or Fujifilm X-Pro1.
Another plus is that being 'forced' to use my GX10 has been interesting pushing it's limits beyond even where I thought they where, so much so I now think it had not been for the small form of the K5, I would have been happy with a second hand K10D as a second body.
Pentax pour des images riches en détails!
Posted 20/04/2012 - 12:08
Link
Think someone needs to reword the title of this thread.
I too have dealt directly with Johnsons. They're not a fast turn around thats for sure but all the more need to hang onto that old body for such times.
I too have dealt directly with Johnsons. They're not a fast turn around thats for sure but all the more need to hang onto that old body for such times.
Posted 22/04/2012 - 19:43
Link
ok, i've calmed down, a bit, Currys have been back on to me and they are still trying to lay the blame at Pentax's door saying Pentax insisted the repair would be chargeable, even though they hadn't even seen the camera yet and the fact that its less than 4 months old. I was in 3 different camera stores today and they can't see past nikon or canon even though all the research i've done puts Pentax out front almost every time. So, I will wait for my beloved camera to be returned and I will not sully Pentax's good name again without good reason. This is now 15 days it's been away, check back in 13 days in case i have a tale to tell about what happened when i went back to Currys to demand a new camera.
B Murray
Posted 23/04/2012 - 08:19
Link
DOIK wrote:
You will find the CEO's contact details here. The link takes you to the CEO contact details of most UK companies.
I passed it to one of our club members and she had her problem resolved in no time.
John
+1You will find the CEO's contact details here. The link takes you to the CEO contact details of most UK companies.
I passed it to one of our club members and she had her problem resolved in no time.
John
I've used that list for some years now. The only time it has failed was with Jessops.
Posted 23/04/2012 - 13:57
Link
OK if it's been away for 15 days this would not be considered acceptable. Tell Curry's in writing they have seven days to either repair or replace your camera or you will be suing them through moneyclaim. Fill out the forms & print them off & send them in with your seven days notice letter. I usually find this does trick & gets things moving.
The problem with Currys is that their CS is setup to deal with everything happens cover (which is excellent by the way) if you don't have this then Currys really don't want to deal with it.
The problem with Currys is that their CS is setup to deal with everything happens cover (which is excellent by the way) if you don't have this then Currys really don't want to deal with it.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Posted 23/04/2012 - 15:03
Link
I had exactly the same experience with currys.
I eventually went to the citizens advice bureaux who advised me to write to currys giving them 7 days to sort it out, which I did.
Currys did nothing so the CAB wrote to them.....I never heard from either again!
I've never been near curry's since.
Same applies to jessops....Both should be avoided at all costs!
Good luck with your case
I eventually went to the citizens advice bureaux who advised me to write to currys giving them 7 days to sort it out, which I did.
Currys did nothing so the CAB wrote to them.....I never heard from either again!
I've never been near curry's since.
Same applies to jessops....Both should be avoided at all costs!
Good luck with your case
Regards,
Michael
Michael
Posted 24/04/2012 - 00:27
Link
Thanks for your help, I have emailed the CEO, hopefully I'll get a satisfactory response.
I'll keep you posted.
I'll keep you posted.
B Murray
Posted 24/04/2012 - 00:32
Link
Trading Standards are not interested in teh consumer, merely that the law is being held. hence why you need to go sttraight to the 7 day notice of court to show you mean business.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Posted 24/04/2012 - 08:44
Link
SRS All the way!
Had problems with Currys myself, it should not have to be this difficult but having worked in retail once before. (Never again!) I know that no one wants returns, the amount of bodies/Hours that Large stores give over to managing the Customers expectaions post sale, is derisory to say the least! They'll wriggle like hell if it's a difficult/time consuming return but stick in there, the law is on your side here, don't give in. Your correct, your contract is with Currys, and they have sold you goods which are now not fit for purpose,which is against the law whether it be by accident or design...
Had problems with Currys myself, it should not have to be this difficult but having worked in retail once before. (Never again!) I know that no one wants returns, the amount of bodies/Hours that Large stores give over to managing the Customers expectaions post sale, is derisory to say the least! They'll wriggle like hell if it's a difficult/time consuming return but stick in there, the law is on your side here, don't give in. Your correct, your contract is with Currys, and they have sold you goods which are now not fit for purpose,which is against the law whether it be by accident or design...
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Posted 24/04/2012 - 11:28
Link
"Trading Standards are not interested in teh consumer"
my son was very gtateful, as a consumer, to trading standards when a garage tried to charge £400 for a repair to a car he bought , they pointed out all the consumer legislation they had broken and even dictated a draft letter he should write. the outcome was car repaired free of charge
my son was very gtateful, as a consumer, to trading standards when a garage tried to charge £400 for a repair to a car he bought , they pointed out all the consumer legislation they had broken and even dictated a draft letter he should write. the outcome was car repaired free of charge
Posted 24/04/2012 - 13:38
Link
Since it seems that Pentax may not be at fault, since they didn't receive the camera. I've changed the thread title.
Please be careful how you word these threads.
Please be careful how you word these threads.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 24/04/2012 - 13:46
Link
Thanks Ken.
Very important that titles to threads are accurate.
Very important that titles to threads are accurate.
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4248 posts
16 years
Blyth,
Northumberland
Good luck. I myself got my first DSLR through Curry's. Great price, but have only used SRS and Park Cameras since (except when Amazon did a nice little deal on the DAL 35mm). Stick with those in future and you'll not go far wrong.
PPG
Flickr