Discussion - Weekly Competition #55
Posted 22/07/2008 - 19:54
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
The modern world is definitely bad, but perhaps Belinda can manipulate it.
G
That would be quite a challenge for a small, female bear like me
The modern world is definitely bad, but perhaps Belinda can manipulate it.
G
Belinda B.
Posted 23/07/2008 - 09:21
Link
It's 9:20 am Wednesday morning, still no competition gallery.
I'm impressed.
I'm impressed.
Please call me aj,
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)
http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
Posted 23/07/2008 - 10:01
Link
OK, It seems the competition is active now.So lets party
Martin.
Martin.
Posted 23/07/2008 - 22:30
Link
The next competition will not need Admin to actiavet it, so there will be no delay apart from waiting for the winner of this week to respond to an automatic e-mail notification.
We shall see hoe it works out, it looks as though it will be fine. Now to think about the modern world!
We shall see hoe it works out, it looks as though it will be fine. Now to think about the modern world!
Best regards, John
Posted 24/07/2008 - 09:05
Link
Hi all,
Is it just with me, or are there more people having problems with the back/forward buttons in this weeks competition?
Scrolling through opened images in the main gallery is no problem.
But in this weeks competition it seems not possible.
Martin.
Is it just with me, or are there more people having problems with the back/forward buttons in this weeks competition?
Scrolling through opened images in the main gallery is no problem.
But in this weeks competition it seems not possible.
Martin.
Posted 24/07/2008 - 09:08
Link
By a remarkable coincidence I've just been doing what you describe and there was no problem with the scrolling from image to image.
Perhaps try refreshing the page, perhaps it wasn't completely loaded?
Perhaps try refreshing the page, perhaps it wasn't completely loaded?
Best regards, John
Posted 24/07/2008 - 09:12
Link
It's working again, refreshing helped.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Posted 24/07/2008 - 14:36
Link
Malo1961 wrote:
OK, It seems the competition is active now.So lets party
Martin.
Where is it? I can't see it in the competition section nor within 'new posts' or 'latest forum topics' ????OK, It seems the competition is active now.So lets party
Martin.
Baffled!
Posted 24/07/2008 - 15:30
Link
Keen2Learn wrote:
Baffled!
It's in the gallery - all comps will be there from now on.
Malo1961 wrote:
OK, It seems the competition is active now.So lets party
Martin.
Where is it? I can't see it in the competition section nor within 'new posts' or 'latest forum topics' ????OK, It seems the competition is active now.So lets party
Martin.
Baffled!
Posted 24/07/2008 - 19:05
Link
Gwyn wrote:
Found it, thank you.Keen2Learn wrote:
Baffled!
It's in the gallery - all comps will be there from now on.Malo1961 wrote:
OK, It seems the competition is active now.So lets party
Martin.
Where is it? I can't see it in the competition section nor within 'new posts' or 'latest forum topics' ????OK, It seems the competition is active now.So lets party
Martin.
Baffled!
One final question ... who's photo is who's?
Posted 24/07/2008 - 19:07
Link
Thanks Gwyn I'll add some links too, just in case anyone's not sure where to go. The Competition page is here and this week's Competition is here
whoops you beat me to it
whoops you beat me to it
Quote:
One final question ... who's photo is who's?
Hover over the photo and the title and user name appears or click on the photo for full details
One final question ... who's photo is who's?
Posted 24/07/2008 - 19:17
Link
I really like Martin's photo. Where was it taken? I was looking for a scene like that for an assignment from my photo course (the theme was old and new) but never found anything like it around here, lots of windmills old and new but never together in the same frame. Though we now have a new old windmill here in Soest - they have rebuilt our windmill.
Posted 24/07/2008 - 19:35
Link
Hi Gwyn,
Thanks for the nice words. It was taken today at sunrise in the neighborhood of Eemshaven N-E-Groningen. Ironically the old one is named; "Goliath".
It seems David should have been a better choice, don't you think?
Martin.
Thanks for the nice words. It was taken today at sunrise in the neighborhood of Eemshaven N-E-Groningen. Ironically the old one is named; "Goliath".
It seems David should have been a better choice, don't you think?
Martin.
Posted 24/07/2008 - 21:16
Link
Just want to mention I edited my entrie for this week's comp.
The color wasn't like it should be, due to using wrong color space.
Martin.
The color wasn't like it should be, due to using wrong color space.
Martin.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



8192 posts
22 years
London
Weekly competition #55
The competition I have added (honest) is
"The World Today"
I then write something along the lines of
"something that makes you think of the modern world - good or bad!"
Best Regards
Tim
G