Types of Photographers...

Classvino

Link Posted 22/07/2008 - 21:07
As with all Bloggers, Ken Rockwell sometimes needs to be taken with a dose of salt, but this was amusing...

7 Types of Photographers
--------------
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror

fatspider

Link Posted 22/07/2008 - 21:53
Well that made ME laugh at least.

The only problem is I cant find out which of the 7 I am
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

ChrisA

Link Posted 22/07/2008 - 22:07
Classvino wrote:
As with all Bloggers, Ken Rockwell sometimes needs to be taken with a dose of salt, but this was amusing...

Excellent.

I can think of one person on this forum who I'd put at about 6.99 (he's mostly an artist, but has excellent self-marketing skills.

And one person on another forum who is a 1.

And I reckon there are quite a few here that know which two I'm referring to
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)

Father Ted

Link Posted 22/07/2008 - 22:52
AAaarrgghhhh

I almost fit number one. Except that I can't afford loads of equipment.
I'd like to be a number five. Wonder if I'll ever make it
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.

GivingTree

Link Posted 23/07/2008 - 05:20
Father Ted wrote:
AAaarrgghhhh

Now, now. I seem to recall a question about the "artistic eye". Just for asking that question, you are above level one. And since you claim you're not rich, and you're not a professional, you're automatically boosted up to level 4. That's over halfway to nirvana, way to go! Feel better?
"Just put your eye to the camera and push the button-thingy."
Flickr page:
link

George Lazarette

Link Posted 24/07/2008 - 09:36
ChrisA wrote:
Classvino wrote:

Excellent.

I can think of one person on this forum who I'd put at about 6.99 (he's mostly an artist, but has excellent self-marketing skills.

Easy. PeteKD!

Quote:

Are you blind? There are loads of contributors to DPReview.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

ChrisA

Link Posted 24/07/2008 - 09:45
George Lazarette wrote:
ChrisA wrote:

Easy. PeteKD!

Quote:

Quote:

Are you blind? There are loads of contributors to DPReview.

Not that forum!!!

I was thinking of the guy that (I presume) invented the term 'measurebation' (although I don't know if the 'measurbation' that Ken Rockwell refers to predates the 'e' version). It's just a marvellous word that sums up the activity perfectly.

The individual I'm thinking of presents an inimitable combination of bias, plagiarism and bad science that produces blood-pressure raising effects quite unlike anything I've seen.

I don't read the DPR forums, so I don't know if he has any peers.

Last Edited by ChrisA on 24/07/2008 - 09:49

Father Ted

Link Posted 24/07/2008 - 16:57
GivingTree wrote:
Father Ted wrote:
AAaarrgghhhh

Now, now. I seem to recall a question about the "artistic eye". Just for asking that question, you are above level one. And since you claim you're not rich, and you're not a professional, you're automatically boosted up to level 4. That's over halfway to nirvana, way to go! Feel better?

Oh, thanks...I feel much better now
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.

yelvertoft

Link Posted 24/07/2008 - 20:16
ChrisA wrote:
I was thinking of the guy that (I presume) invented the term 'measurebation' (although I don't know if the 'measurbation' that Ken Rockwell refers to predates the 'e' version). It's just a marvellous word that sums up the activity perfectly.

The individual I'm thinking of presents an inimitable combination of bias, plagiarism and bad science that produces blood-pressure raising effects quite unlike anything I've seen.

Do you mean the infamous RiceHigh?

Duncan

George Lazarette

Link Posted 24/07/2008 - 22:33
yelvertoft wrote:
ChrisA wrote:

Do you mean the infamous RiceHigh?

Duncan

He does indeed.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.