DigitaLIZA

Hardgravity

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 10:35
I came across these from LOMO on ebay, the LOMO site isn't any more informative so..

...does it work with a normal scanner?

Can it take 110and 35mm?

Any thoughts?

Oh, the link to the LOMO site is here

I only ask as scanning old 110 and the like films is always usefull, seeing as there's a new interest in the Pentax 110.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

DoctorJeff

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 11:07
I was always under the impression that you needed a light source "above" the negative to enable proper scanning.
Otherwise, you could just lay the neg straight onto the scanner glass (thinks to self - must try this and see what happens). Of course, the average document scanner will not have the resolution of a dedicated neg scanner (but that would never bother the Lomo gang).
Geoff
Water can wear away a stone - but it can't cook lunch
X-5
istDS
K2000
P50.
Lenses Digital: 50-200, 18-55 KAF: 28-80.
Lenses KA & K: SMC-KA f2.0, SMC-K f1.4, SMC-K f1.7 Tokina KA 28-70 , SMC Pentax 70-210 F4, Sigma KA 75-300 , Hanimex 500mm Mirror, and the Tamron Adaptall-2 stuff.
and then there's all the M42 kit, and the accessories ...

Hardgravity

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 11:19
After posting I did a bit more searching.

Seems these are for use with back lit scanners, ie. ones that can already do negatives!

If you try scanning neg's Jeff all you get is a black oblong.

I was only interested in the 110 side, but ...
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Algernon

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 11:33
Just put a lightbox on top of the scanner?

There used to be independent scanner covers with
lights built in.

My Epson has a built in light and 35mm + 120 masks.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

womble

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 12:25
If you have a lightbox and some form of camera support (ideally a copystand) just pop the neg on the lightbox and photograph it with your dSLR. The invert function in Photoshop will turn it into a positive. You'll have to adjust the white balance somehow but if you can find one neg with something white in it you can use the custom white balance for them all.

For 110 negs you'll need a macro lens or tubes or something!

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

johnriley

Link Posted 16/09/2012 - 17:04
The Summit PhotoFix SPS is a small negative scanner costing around £100. It will scan negatives and slides in 35mm and 110 format.
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.