Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Digital Photography Book

Posted 24/09/2004 - 20:35 Link
Just wondering if there is any good books out there that can teach new users on Digital photography...

Example: Camera Settings in certain enviroments, sceneries, lighting...etc..

Saw some sample pictures from this forum and MAN...Great work everyone...
From Canada!
George Lazarette
Posted 24/09/2004 - 23:13 Link
Photography is photography. The principles are the same whatever medium is used to capture the image.

Books claiming to be specifically about "digital photography" are unlikely to do a very good job of teaching photography.

On the other hand, a book about digital image manipulation (which starts at the point where photography ends), can prove to be very useful.
steelski
Posted 27/09/2004 - 16:19 Link
Try A National Geographic guide to photography. there is some invaluable advice on taking good pictures. Also go into charity shops and second hand book shops . there are always good photo books in there at great prices and although they might6 not be new, the fundamentals of photography will usually be in there. Also dont just depent on one book. read a few and back up what you have learned.
Plane Tax!!!
kyber
Posted 27/09/2004 - 17:52 Link
Most of the digital books spend a lot of time talking about image editing on your PC but are often at the introductory level and hence far behind the tutorials in many of the magazines.

As someone else has said, focus on learning photography first. All of the key principles are the same regardless of the image capturing.

You might find http://www.webslr.com useful. There is a decent guide to photography and an SLR camera simulator that lets you play around with all of the settings (apature, speed, iso, lens, etc) and see the effect this has.

However, I did pick up a book on digital photography the other day that I thought was truly excellent. It really is a tips and tricks book full of useful ideas for both old and new photographers:

Published by O'Reilly (usually a sign of quality without padding in the computer books world), Digital Photography Hacks, 100 Industrial-Strength Tips & Tools, by Derrick Story. ISBN 0-596-00666-7.

The tips cover the better digicams up to DSLR and range from DIY projects to make flash brackets to actual photography techniques.

Stuart
Posted 29/11/2004 - 14:12 Link
Found a Good link that can help new users...
http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/glossary/
From Canada!
Anonymous
Posted 04/12/2004 - 17:41 Link
I think Andy Rouse is bringing out a book.
I expect that will be full of tips!

http://www.andyrouse.co.uk/books.html
rodrigues
Posted 25/06/2010 - 12:43 Link
hello,
guys,
in thus days friends we find one side helping in to information to uying wich type of charger .
so,, please on this site.
Edited by moderator: 25/06/2010 - 13:58
techno-terminator
Posted 25/06/2010 - 13:29 Link
Now why on earth has a thread from 2004 been reactivated with a post which has nothing to do with the subject matter ?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Gwyn
Posted 25/06/2010 - 15:11 Link
techno-terminator wrote:
Now why on earth has a thread from 2004 been reactivated with a post which has nothing to do with the subject matter ?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Luckily Our Wonderful Mods were on to it quickly.
fatspider
Posted 25/06/2010 - 15:48 Link
Quote:

Pity they didn't do anything about the translation, that post is almost gibberish
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Daniel Bridge
Posted 25/06/2010 - 15:52 Link
fatspider wrote:
Quote:

Pity they didn't do anything about the translation, that post is almost gibberish

Made perfect sense to me.

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.