Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Autofocus/manualfocus switch

Bernie
Posted 07/06/2010 - 19:30 Link
My k200 autofocus/manualfocus switch has failed and will not go to manual focus, has anyone else had tha same problem and where did you get it fixed and what did it cost. I have been quoted £206 which I thought was a bit steep. Any help out there?
Owld butty
smc
Posted 09/06/2010 - 18:25 Link
That does not sound good. In what way has it failed?

Try removing the lens and moving the switch, and check for any debris in the screw drive.
Bernie
Posted 23/06/2010 - 20:47 Link
smc wrote:

Try removing the lens and moving the switch, and check for any debris in the screw drive.

Sorry for the long delay in answering, been on holiday.Switching to manual does not stop autofocusing, tried most things, found a cheaper quote so going for it. thanks for your reply seems no one else has had the problem so must be the only Pentax out of thousands to have this fault, I must be just unlucky
Owld butty
dougf8
Posted 23/06/2010 - 20:51 Link
JR sold a body with a broken switch.
Lurking is shirking.!
gregmoll
Posted 23/06/2010 - 22:13 Link
Bernie wrote:
smc wrote:

Sorry for the long delay in answering, been on holiday.Switching to manual does not stop autofocusing, tried most things, found a cheaper quote so going for it. thanks for your reply seems no one else has had the problem so must be the only Pentax out of thousands to have this fault, I must be just unlucky

My K200D's AF/MF switch is erratic, it sometimes take a couple of on/offs before it deactivates the manual focus function.

Greg
johnriley
Posted 23/06/2010 - 23:28 Link
Quote:
JR sold a body with a broken switch.

That was the SR switch.
Best regards, John
dougf8
Posted 24/06/2010 - 07:01 Link
(Oooops, sorry folks.)
Lurking is shirking.!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.