Digital or Film? - your first Pentax.

Error
  • You need to be logged in to vote on this poll

ronniemac

Link Posted 16/06/2013 - 22:41
Interested to know if Pentax are attracting new people to the Brand. Your answer to this poll is highly valued.

On a recent topic here it became very evident that a substantial number of people who own a Pentax digital camera, previously owned a Pentax film camera; all of which leaves me wondering if the brand attracts people who are new to Pentax when buying a digital camera.

If enough people answer the poll above, it might reveal something - well, at least about club members who answer polls!

If you want to add more detail, please reply identifying just your first Pentax.

Many thanks.

ronniemac

Link Posted 16/06/2013 - 22:42
Pentax MX

keithlester

Link Posted 16/06/2013 - 22:51
Spotty F, silver cost me a months wages in 1975, I've been using Pentax ever since, now using a Q and loving the weight of my new system.

steven9761

Link Posted 16/06/2013 - 22:53
My very first Pentax was a k1000. I tried holding the likes of Yashika, Nikon, and an Olympus. None of them felt "natural" in my hands. Pentax did.

AndrewA

Link Posted 16/06/2013 - 22:57
Pentax Kr was my first DSLR. Before that Fuji bridge and compacts, and before those Sigma SLR, Olympus and Zenit SLRs (my dad and grandads).

johnha

Link Posted 16/06/2013 - 23:08
My first Pentax was a used Super-A & A 50/2 lens, but I had a K mount body (Miranda MS-2 Super - yes an ME Super clone) and some independent K lenses at the time. I bought the Miranda purely as it was the only one of my 'budget' choices that had a recognised mount. Other candidates were a Praktica BCA or various Zenits and possibly a used OM10 (but I wanted a new camera).

I've stuck with Pentax because there's always been an upgrade path at the right moment. First AF was an SFXn (despite not having any AF lenses) because it took all my old ones. Then a Z-1 when it first came out, after several years I lost interest until buying a K-5 (which I see as a digital version of the Z-1) last year.

punkrockemo

Link Posted 16/06/2013 - 23:09
K-X was my frist DSLR. Origonally wanted to get a Canon or Micro 4/3 but the reviews directed me to the K-X because of image qualty, it was also alot cheaper.

davidstorm

Link Posted 16/06/2013 - 23:10
A K-x was my first DSLR. My first film SLR was a sort of pseudo-Pentax, an old Petri that had a Pentax K-mount. This led me to buy a few K-mount lenses, the only one of which I still have is a Chinon 50mm F1.9.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 17/06/2013 - 01:00
Pentax P30. Got it in my late teens, and was still using it when I got my istD2L.

gartmore

Link Posted 17/06/2013 - 07:00
Spotmatic F

dpm

Link Posted 17/06/2013 - 07:11
Zenit- Vivitar PK-mount cheapie- ME Super.

Blythman

Link Posted 17/06/2013 - 07:15
Zenith, Miranda MS3, Pentax SFXn

GlynM

Link Posted 17/06/2013 - 08:50
My first Pentax was a *ist DS in 2005.

Before that my photography was really just holiday and Christmas snaps using an Olympus trip.

My youngest daughter did A level photography, for which we had to fund a 2nd hand Minolta x300 SLR, which I found inspiring. When she completed the course and got her first job she bought a Canon 350D which she let me play with. So not to tread too much on her areas of expertise I decided to go down a different route. The *ist DS at the time looked both good and reasonably priced and I have been with Pentax ever since.

Glyn
Last Edited by GlynM on 17/06/2013 - 08:50

Smeggypants

Link Posted 17/06/2013 - 08:59
SF1 - still got it. Seals have perished but one day I intend to fire it up again.

gwing

Link Posted 17/06/2013 - 09:03
MX was my first Pentax, and first SLR. Still got it ...
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.