Debate on camera Bag
Posted 12/03/2009 - 07:02
Link
My advice would be to go for the real thing.
By the time you have added a couple of lenses to your kit you will have spent several hundred pounds, you don't want it all bashing around inside a bag.
If you shop around you will get a Lowepro bag for much less than £100 - I think I paid around £40 for my Slingshot 200 AW and then bought a huge Stealth Reporter 550 this week for £70
link
By the time you have added a couple of lenses to your kit you will have spent several hundred pounds, you don't want it all bashing around inside a bag.
If you shop around you will get a Lowepro bag for much less than £100 - I think I paid around £40 for my Slingshot 200 AW and then bought a huge Stealth Reporter 550 this week for £70
link
Posted 12/03/2009 - 08:13
Link
Lowepro slingshots are excellent but I dont think they will have the longevity of Billinghams.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 12/03/2009 - 09:11
Link
This might sound funny, but does anyone make a left handed slingshot?
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 12/03/2009 - 09:39
Link
Yes.
The Kata 3N1 range (...-10 -20 -30)
Its a backpack plus slingshot, can be configure for left or right hand sided use. Straps can be tucked away, you can top load it for long lenses, rain cover of course... It shows I desperately want one doesn't it?
Pricy
The Kata 3N1 range (...-10 -20 -30)
Its a backpack plus slingshot, can be configure for left or right hand sided use. Straps can be tucked away, you can top load it for long lenses, rain cover of course... It shows I desperately want one doesn't it?
Pricy
Posted 12/03/2009 - 09:58
Link
Hi foxycce i use a tamrac expedition 6 had it for about a year and it still looks new and has been well used.I have also used lowepro in my time and they are also excellent bags.
Posted 12/03/2009 - 12:51
Link
ok thanks for the info i will take a look at them i was thinking about the tamrac expedition 7
Posted 12/03/2009 - 21:53
Link
A top top bag but its a big unThe 5 and 6 fits 2 bodies with lenses attached and also about 3 more lenses plu8s other bits and bobs.
Posted 13/03/2009 - 21:55
Link
bforbes wrote:
This might sound funny, but does anyone make a left handed slingshot?
I would not go for a slingshot, I recently got the chance to try one (200) fully loaded, I found it a pain to get on and it put uncomortable pressure on my collar bone, I then considered the Lowepro Fastpack but considering I wanted to tote around both my bodies and rather large DA* lenses I decided it would be to small, I decided to stick with Tamrac and bought an Expedition 5, compared to my old Expedition 3 its huge!This might sound funny, but does anyone make a left handed slingshot?
I took it out for a test run today, K20D with Bigma attached down the middle, DA50-135 on the lower right, K10D on the lower left, DA*16-50 above the K10D, and the AF360FGZ above the 50-135. it was FULL, stuck a Benbo monopod in the tripod holder up the back and off I went, I wouldn't normally carry all that gear when out with the Bigma but I wanted to see how comfortable the bag was fully loaded, so far it gets a thumbs up.
Warehouse express £99.99
SRS Microsystems £89.99
I got my off ebay for less than £75 including postage, and it was here in a day.
I can reccomend Tamrax Expedition series, Ihad the "3" for ten years" I hope I have the five as long.
Posted 13/03/2009 - 22:05
Link
edumad wrote:
Yes.
The Kata 3N1 range (...-10 -20 -30)
Its a backpack plus slingshot, can be configure for left or right hand sided use. Straps can be tucked away, you can top load it for long lenses, rain cover of course... It shows I desperately want one doesn't it?
Pricy
Kata for me (three different models).Yes.
The Kata 3N1 range (...-10 -20 -30)
Its a backpack plus slingshot, can be configure for left or right hand sided use. Straps can be tucked away, you can top load it for long lenses, rain cover of course... It shows I desperately want one doesn't it?
Pricy
Very well designed and very well made.
I agree that they are pricey but you can find some good deals if you shop around.
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 13/03/2009 - 23:22
Link
I'm a Tamrac man!....I need the expedition 6 now!.......or even the 7!.Really comfortable ,well made and a fraction of the cost of the" low" whats his name!...
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Posted 13/03/2009 - 23:54
Link
beginner wrote:
I'm a Tamrac man!....I need the expedition 6 now!.......or even the 7!.Really comfortable ,well made and a fraction of the cost of the" low" whats his name!...
Let me gaze into my crystal ball......I forsee a hernia coming on
I'm a Tamrac man!....I need the expedition 6 now!.......or even the 7!.Really comfortable ,well made and a fraction of the cost of the" low" whats his name!...
Posted 14/03/2009 - 00:20
Link
Let me gaze into my crystal ball......I forsee a hernia comming on
dont be silly!...I'll carry it in my wheelbarrow!
dont be silly!...I'll carry it in my wheelbarrow!
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


168 posts
17 years