Critique 7

Posted 29/10/2013 - 19:32 Link
Two photos taken today during my lunch hour.

Anyone like or dislike?

Comment Image


Comment Image
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
Blythman
Posted 29/10/2013 - 20:22 Link
Like

Think #1 would benefit from a separation between the lamp and tree. A half step to the right would have achieved it
Alan


PPG
Flickr
McGregNi
Posted 29/10/2013 - 20:29 Link
I like the upright compositions which make the most of the tree heights in both scenes. The second one looks more pleasing colour-wise with nice warm tones, and good placement of the people walking away.

The first looks to me to have some magenta / reddy tones on the tree trunks and stone wall which doesn't look quite right.

Also the lampost is squeezed right up to against the first tree behind it - I think it would look better if there was some more space here.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 29/10/2013 - 22:20 Link
Thanks guys

I concede that the first photo could be lined up better..

Im going to do something about that tomorrow
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
Fletcher8
Posted 30/10/2013 - 08:56 Link
I like the second image, the reasons why?

The direction of light and resulting shadows
The autumnal tones look more pleasing and natural
the people walking in the scene provide a sense of scale and add a little interest

Regards
Fletcher8.
vic cross
Posted 30/10/2013 - 09:13 Link
It looks like the same road to me from opposite directions. SO, why are the colours so different? Same leaves on the ground but (1) is biased to red orange and (2) to green yellow.
Number (1) looks like it was taken from the gate end and (2) from the building end.
Have you warmed up (1)?
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Fletcher8
Posted 30/10/2013 - 09:18 Link
Vic, I could be wrong but i think these images have been taken at very different settings?
Fletcher8.
Edited by Fletcher8: 30/10/2013 - 09:19
Posted 30/10/2013 - 22:49 Link
The photos are indeed fromthe same location - just treated differently in post processing

Tx
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
MrB
Posted 31/10/2013 - 07:01 Link
I like the shots, but I would prefer them to look as I imagine they would - nature and natural lighting do a pretty good job of presenting the autumn colours.

Philip

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo