Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Critique 5

Posted 05/10/2013 - 15:59 Link
How about this photo from a local park?

As always any thoughts, critique gladly accepted

Comment Image
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
fritzthedog
Posted 05/10/2013 - 17:57 Link
Sorry - ignoring the technical side of things - it is just too bland to get my attention.

Just for balance and as I never got around to commenting on it - for what it's worth - I liked your long exposure on the bridge arches - I could even live with the cropped arch and unlike some - I liked the blue tone - worked for me.

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
johnriley
Posted 05/10/2013 - 18:13 Link
I'm afraid I have to agree. It's too light, the colour has no intensity and there's no dramatic feel to it. There is potential in the scene, but I think to get some real punch it's a lie on the ground job and get those leaves powerfully up close.
Best regards, John
Gamka
Posted 05/10/2013 - 19:20 Link
Too yellow ... get a little extra blue into it which will give the grass some vibrancy and it may also get some colour into the sky.
sandinista
Posted 05/10/2013 - 19:39 Link
I actually like the scene, but I don't think this image portrays the dynamic range seen by the human eye, I would imagine the light and autumnal hues here were quite striking. It is lacking in contrast and midtones, plus the sky and clouds are over bright. Did you shoot in RAW?
Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot

Gear Not enough!!
PPG
Flickr
My not so new website
sandinista
Posted 05/10/2013 - 19:54 Link
Comment Image

Had a play with it Alistair. You may know this but you can open jpegs in Photoshop RAW editor, which I did here and managed to recover detail and boost colours and contrast, finished in PSE11 editor
Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot

Gear Not enough!!
PPG
Flickr
My not so new website
Edited by sandinista: 05/10/2013 - 19:57
DrOrloff
Posted 05/10/2013 - 21:30 Link
I find little of interest here marred by the way the foreground leaves interfere with the 'horizon'. I can find no clear focal point. Sorry, I'd bin it.
Gamka
Posted 06/10/2013 - 00:36 Link
sandinista wrote:

Had a play with it Alistair. You may know this but you can open jpegs in Photoshop RAW editor, which I did here and managed to recover detail and boost colours and contrast, finished in PSE11 editor

Certainly an improvement.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.