Cornwall

McBrian

Link Posted 18/05/2015 - 11:44
Off the Cornwall for a short holiday next month, staying in Marazion.

I know there are a lot of great photo opportunities near bye but just wondering if there are any hidden gems I should try and take in.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

stu62

Link Posted 18/05/2015 - 12:32
have you heard of the lost gardens of heligan
if you are in for a good walk
well worth the walks there in the lost woods

Darkmunk

Link Posted 18/05/2015 - 12:35
Where do we start! Just look for a German number plate and follow it! They seem to have a guide book written by a local, whereas the English just head for the beach.
Anyway, look up Porth Curnow/Pedn Vounder (locals call it Pedny beach)/Logan rock. If you like walking, just start at Logan rock and keep going, visiting the little beaches, until you reach Lands End.
Lamorna (if you prefer car parks to walking)
You can't really go wrong with any of the coast paths from Lamorna, on to Lands End and round to St Ives. After you round Lands End, you're in Poldark country and it's all just stunning.

St Ives is great for a beer and pasty while the kids play on the beach, but it'll be packed in Summer.
All the paths are easily reachable from the coast road and all the secluded beaches will reward a little excursion down the cliff.
Facebook Page
Plymouth Photographer

Chrism8

Link Posted 18/05/2015 - 12:53
Sennon Cove and or Priests Cove nr Cape Cornwall

Chris
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM

Jimd

Link Posted 18/05/2015 - 16:05
As already mentioned plus Church Cove Gunwalloe, Porthleven, The Loe pool, Rinsey Cove, Prussia Cove, Mousehole, Portgwarra, Godrevy

redbusa99

Link Posted 18/05/2015 - 18:44
Kennack Sands, Cadgwith, Coverack all on the Lizard Peninsula. if you have a dog then Kennack has one beach available to let them loose on at any time .
odd lens or 2

Flickr

screwdriver222

Link Posted 18/05/2015 - 19:54
St Mawes Castle, Pendennis Castle, Godrevy at sunset. Geevor tin mine museum at Pendeen. Take a day trip over to the Scilly Isles. Oh and St Michael's Mount
Flickr link

johnriley

Link Posted 18/05/2015 - 20:53
The Eden Project?
Best regards, John

fritzthedog

Link Posted 19/05/2015 - 08:58
Depends how much time you want to waste on the road. All of the above are well worth a visit.

I would add Newlyn Pier/ harbour for a taste of a working fishing port

If you like gardens - Trengwainton and Trewidden are within spitting distance of Marazion.

If you fancy driving a bit further - Falmouth and the Rose Peninsula are well worth a visit - and the boat trips up the Fall river or Helford passage are a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. Lots of interesting little places around the Helford river such as Gweek and not forgetting my personal favourite gardens in Cornwall - Trebah with it's stunning tropical plants and trees and superb private cove and beach.

In Marazion

The Fire Engine pub in Marazion at the top of upper fore street is a 'real' pub with decent food and a garden with excellent views of the mount.

Have fun

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

spinno

Link Posted 19/05/2015 - 09:19
I'll second Trebah- nice garden and nice beach!!
Padstow is ok but you would be travelling a fair distance
David

McBrian

Link Posted 19/05/2015 - 21:31
Hi All,

Many thanks for all your info and suggestions so far, some real gems to think about, only in Marazion for 3 whole days so have to be thoughtful on what we can and can't do, will most likely stick to the immediate area around Marazion, St Ives and Lands End.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Last Edited by McBrian on 19/05/2015 - 21:31

AuraTodd

Link Posted 20/05/2015 - 10:33
I got lost in the garden at Eden, I loved it. Best experience I ever had...
Always be kind to people

link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059

link

microlight2010

Link Posted 20/05/2015 - 18:40
I was in Cornwall last weekend, staying in Mullion. The coves around there are very photogenic and there is a great coastal walking path. Around Mullion (south of Helston towards the Lizard) you'll find Mullion, Poldhu and Church coves, and also Gunwalloe. If you're a museum fan, there's the Marconi museum at Poldhu Cove where the UK end of the first-ever transatlantic cable was based.

p.s. watch out for snakes in the garden at Eden...
K-3II - HD DA20-40 Limited, HD DA55-300PLM, SMC DA10-17 Fishy, AF201FG Flashy
Last Edited by microlight2010 on 20/05/2015 - 18:41

AuraTodd

Link Posted 25/05/2015 - 09:03
I liked Mullion, last time I went there a small section of it was fenced off due to the storms.
Always be kind to people

link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059

link

doingthebobs

Link Posted 25/05/2015 - 11:12
I would have thought the obvious was Mounts bay, St Michael's mount.

You can walk out at low tide or take a boat from Marazion.
Bob
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.