Comments: Weekly Competition # 122 - "Crystal"
Posted 08/11/2009 - 00:19
Link
I've just had a look and can't see what you're referring to. Where do you mean exactly?
Best regards, John
Posted 08/11/2009 - 00:31
Link
johnriley wrote:
I've just had a look and can't see what you're referring to. Where do you mean exactly?
When I go - Gallery, Competitions,Weekly Competition #122 - Crystal Competition. Below each thumbnail I have a small circle, which if i click on inserts a green dot. Like you would to select options from a list.
I've just had a look and can't see what you're referring to. Where do you mean exactly?
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 08/11/2009 - 00:33
Link
Ah, that must be for the judge only. When the competition ends, whichever picture you select will be displayed as the winner and that photographer will receive a Private Message telling them they have won.
I didn't realise, or have never noticed, that the boxes appear before the competition ends.
I didn't realise, or have never noticed, that the boxes appear before the competition ends.
Best regards, John
Posted 08/11/2009 - 00:36
Link
They have just appeared. Maybe it's as we've gone into the last day. Thanks John
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 08/11/2009 - 08:44
Link
Yes - they do appear early.
The same thing happened last week.
The same thing happened last week.
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 08/11/2009 - 09:20
Link
They only appear on screen with the one judging. Others won't see them. Has been that way since the first competition in the gallery. At least.....that's my experience.
TBH...I have never actually noticed which day of the week the appear.
TBH...I have never actually noticed which day of the week the appear.
Posted 08/11/2009 - 10:20
Link
When I was the judge (for the first and only time) I had not a slightest idea how the winners pic will be displayed.
Luckily I didnt start to "try" what happens if I use the "dots" before the right time.
Luckily I didnt start to "try" what happens if I use the "dots" before the right time.
Posted 08/11/2009 - 11:19
Link
The circles and dots appear under each entry on the judge's monitor some time before the competition ends and I always assumed that they couldn't be activated until midnight Sunday when a tag goes up to say something like the competition is now closed and is being judged.
But recently due to problems not related to the competition one judge misunderstood and pressed the button more than a day early and the winner popped up.
So Barrie hang on till midnight and don't try pressing the buttons to see what happens.:
But recently due to problems not related to the competition one judge misunderstood and pressed the button more than a day early and the winner popped up.
So Barrie hang on till midnight and don't try pressing the buttons to see what happens.:
Posted 08/11/2009 - 16:00
Link
Sound advice David.
I found having the buttons there early rather alarming, in case I pressed one and ended the competition early causing 'World War 3' to break out
I found having the buttons there early rather alarming, in case I pressed one and ended the competition early causing 'World War 3' to break out
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6913 posts
17 years
Co. Durham UK
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/