Classifieds
This topic has a poll - login to enter
Posted 17/06/2009 - 07:40
Link
With some people it is not always about making the most money but wanting the equipment to go to a good home.
And what is second hand equipment worth? It is worth what someone is prepared to pay - so how can you put a price on it. Asking for offers is a reasonable one.
And what is second hand equipment worth? It is worth what someone is prepared to pay - so how can you put a price on it. Asking for offers is a reasonable one.
Posted 17/06/2009 - 08:51
Link
I prefer a fixed price and tend to ignore any that are asking for offers unless (a) it is something I REALLY REALLY want and (b) the seller gives some indication of what they hope for. I have done really well on here for various bits and pieces I am glad to say.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 17/06/2009 - 09:13
Link
I have bought and sold various items and my philosophy is unless the buyer and seller agree on a mutually acceptable price no sale will take place. To me, how you arrive at that price is irrelevant and nobody is forcing people to buy items with 'offers over'. Maybe time will tell and if 'offers over' items don't sell people may stop using them. A ballpark indication gives a starting point but I don't see a difference between working up or down from it.
When selling I am inclined to take into account other factors so a lower offer where someone is able to come and look at the item, try it out and pay cash might take preference over a higher offer paying by palpal and sending an item halfway round the world.
When selling I am inclined to take into account other factors so a lower offer where someone is able to come and look at the item, try it out and pay cash might take preference over a higher offer paying by palpal and sending an item halfway round the world.
Posted 18/06/2009 - 14:11
Link
I don't think a specific price must allways be set. Sometime it is difficult to know how to price some items. Especially with varying item conditions.
The vast majority of people here state a price, so I don't see a problem.
The vast majority of people here state a price, so I don't see a problem.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


392 posts
17 years
Cambridge
Just seeing how others feel, but I don't feel very comfortable using the classifieds on this site lately
There seems to be an increasing trend to seek offers rather than set a price.
Obviously this is advantageous to the seller, but if you want an auction why not put it on Ebay, know i'm not very comfortable making offers.
Perhaps there could there be a rule like on the majority of other sites even fairly relaxed ones that state a fixed price must be mentioned
Obviously there would still be room to haggle, but that's far better in my opinion than the current tendering procedure
Opinions please
Cheers
Rich