Classified Happy!

AndrewA

Link Posted 05/03/2013 - 18:03
I just wanted to post a thread about how pleased I have been with my buying and selling experiences on the forum.

Every transaction (with one exception) has been a pleasure, smooth and hassle free and the honesty of forum members has been outstanding.

I hope other users have had similar experiences and long may it continue to be that way.

Now, let me get that beautiful ME Super and lenses ready to sell....
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

wvbarnes

Link Posted 05/03/2013 - 18:15
I agree with Andrew,

I've never bought and sold privately anywhere online until I dipped my toe in last year on here. I do think my wife trish thought me mad though until she saw what bargains I made

Every transaction on here has been a pleasant one with nice chats while under way. None of my buyers or sellers was a commercial dealer though, just out and out Pentax enthusiasts. thanks guys

bettyswolloks

Link Posted 05/03/2013 - 19:17
I've bought, sold and swapped here a few times and apart from one time with a new member not posting asap its all been a very easy way of spending beer money :O)

steven9761

Link Posted 05/03/2013 - 21:01
I've only ever made 2 purchases through the Classifieds here - both positive experiences. If I were to sell any items (I do have some Hoya 49mm filters that are of no use to me), I'd simply courier them to the buyer overnight, since that's my line of work. One member here received a cd from me, containing Adobe Photoshop, and he was delighted with it. Some 35mm film was sent up to the Liverpool area, and I never even got the courtesy of a thanks, but that's human nature for you, I suppose.

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 05/03/2013 - 22:40
I've sold through it with no problems... I'll only sell to UK residents though... Partly through paranoia and partly because it's just much less hassle...
Haven't bought anything as yet... Seems to be lots of nice bits when I'm skint but not so much when I've cash to burn...
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/

Northgrain

Link Posted 05/03/2013 - 23:50
I think I remember the exception 'Drew

Nevertheless, I completely agree about the overwhelmingly positive nature of the forum for buying and selling. They'll always be the odd rogue, so 'buyer beware', but this has been a great place to trade
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff

doingthebobs

Link Posted 06/03/2013 - 00:21
I'd agree with those above. Every time I have bought or sold things from and to other members, I have had a positive experience.

Long may it continue.
Bob

fritzthedog

Link Posted 06/03/2013 - 08:43
I have sold to a couple of members privately without placing on the forum but I haven't offered anything for sale yet via the classified's (although I am thinking about offering my beautiful and woefully under-used Sigma 120-400 if anybody is interested).

Buying experience has been a pleasure - including purchases from 2 or 3 members who have commented above.

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

Blythman

Link Posted 06/03/2013 - 08:54
I haven't had a bad transaction. However, all is not sweetness and light. There has been dishonesty on here. Some of those dishonest people being successful and some thankfully being stopped in their tracks by vigilant members.

That there have been so few dishonest transactions here is a credit to the established members who are generally an honest bunch. I think another major reason is that Pentax is a niche product. If you think about it, if you were going to try and broker a dodgy deal, you're going to have a bigger audience on a Nikon or Canon site.

So, be careful. Remember your on your own.
Alan

PPG
Flickr

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 06/03/2013 - 09:00
Blythman wrote:
There has been dishonesty on here. Some of those dishonest people being successful and some thankfully being stopped in their tracks by vigilant members.

True. I was warned about a particular member (who is ominously absent from the rest of the forum) by a regular face. Good thing too as I may have been 200 down...
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/

dinneenp

Link Posted 06/03/2013 - 10:06
I was in need of a lens for a wedding. Someone through this forum offered me theirs to borrow for the day even though I had never met them before. And he didn't ask for a deposit or anything.

The kindness of strangers!
Cheers,
Pa
http://www.photoblog.ie where every post have a musical reference as it's title.

AndrewA

Link Posted 06/03/2013 - 10:30
Northgrain wrote:
I think I remember the exception 'Drew

Yep, gone but not forgotten - I think that was who Dave H may have been warned about too?

Good to see the overall positive comments coming through though.
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

carmagw

Link Posted 06/03/2013 - 11:29
I have bought more than I have sold but never had any problems other than Royal mail taking 2 weeks to deliver an RMSD item ( I had a tracking number so knew it had been posted and was it in transit)

I always check an individuals history on the forum to try and build a picture and see if theres any feedback on past sales. I would never buy something of someone posting for the first time unless they were close enough to meet in person to deal. When I 've sold stuff I have restricted myself to uk sale, due more to my lack of experience of posting items abroad.

Regards

George

DanielH

Link Posted 06/03/2013 - 11:36
I've had a mixed experience although not due to honesty. I don't think I have ever bought anything on here only sold (although I may be reminded! )

Most buyers were great however one negotiated me down on lens and went as far as taking my bank details and thats the last I heard of him! We had agreed on a sale and He didnt even bother to reply to my messge asking if He wanted to continue or not. It was particularly annoying as I had cancelled my ebay auction because of his interest and then ended up having to put it back on as there was no interest here.....it sold and I payed the fees

I just found it rude. I know that I pulled out of buying something once but I sent the seller a PM to tell him, in my book thats just common courtesy.

Daniel

Stuey

Link Posted 06/03/2013 - 12:33
I have only had positive experiences here but not bought much or moved much on but still all positive
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Last Edited by Stuey on 06/03/2013 - 12:33
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.