Choices, Choices...

davidstorm

Link Posted 22/03/2016 - 23:24
johnriley wrote:
We're getting some good thoughts from this thread. I'm still mulling it over. As regards macro, Nigel is right that to get the same magnification with FF as with APS-C we would need to move closer. Of course we can't move closer than 1:1 anyway as the lens won't focus any closer. Fortunately flash will not be an issue, as I just love working with available light.

Regards 1:1 magnification John, you can get a lot closer if you use (a) tubes, (b) bellows, (c) reversed lens, (d) butchered zoom with enlarger lens etc. There's no limitations depending on what additional tools you choose.

Cheers
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

richandfleur

Link Posted 22/03/2016 - 23:45
Do you need something from FF that APS-C can't offer? It's essentially that question really.

If you don't need better ISO performance (I haven't seen any demo's yet that tell me the K-1 really packs a strong punch in this area? Anyone else seen anything?) or wide angle shots through lenses etc, then I don't see that it necessarily offers much more.

The K-1 looks to me like a K-3ii with a FF sensor.

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 23/03/2016 - 19:30
richandfleur wrote:
Do you need something from FF that APS-C can't offer? It's essentially that question really.

If you don't need better ISO performance (I haven't seen any demo's yet that tell me the K-1 really packs a strong punch in this area? Anyone else seen anything?) or wide angle shots through lenses etc, then I don't see that it necessarily offers much more.

The K-1 looks to me like a K-3ii with a FF sensor.

Interesting to read this, Rich. I've just watched a YouTube offering by Tony Northrup, who has no axe to grind and who knows a thing or two about photography, with an interesting conclusion about the necessity for a 35mm sensored Pentax cameras when the company's APSC models have become so good.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

philstaff

Link Posted 30/03/2016 - 15:51
Think I would put the brakes on and see what the feed back comes from the new camera.
Regards Ian

philstaff

philstaff

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 15:09

Don't know anything about this function. Can someone elaborate on this and also may offer there experience using pixel shift. Also is it worth paying the extra money for the option.
Regards Ian

McGregNi

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 15:19
Strange, despite it being available on the K3II for some time now, I don't recall ever seeing anyone post a thread of landscapes or architecture using pixel shift ... ?
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.